FIRST LOOK VIDEO: Reef Octopus Blade

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
I saw this product at MACNA. The flexibility and simplicity of the Reef Octopus Blade pump is really interesting to me and it seems that the sky's the limit. It will be fun to see all of the creative ways the Blade will be able to be used especially when paired with the Hydros Wave Engine!

#reefoctopus #Hydros

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
I saw this product at MACNA. The flexibility and simplicity of the Reef Octopus Blade pump is really interesting to me and it seems that the sky's the limit. It will be fun to see all of the creative ways the Blade will be able to be used especially when paired with the Hydros Wave Engine!

#reefoctopus #Hydros
I think one of the coolest parts is that you can connect Octo Pulse 2 and Octo Pulse 4 pump to the new controller and control and control them with the app!

It looks sooooooooooooooo cool! Would be pretty interesting to use it on a bare bottom tank, with the flat part on the glass bottom. Look like a little tree
I never thought of that!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Im really interested to see this bad boy in action, might get this opposed to a maxspect gyre
They are both great products. If you can wait to Q1 2020 to see pricing on the reefoctopus blade to see if it makes sense for you then great, but if not the maxspect is still a strong gyre pump.

#reefoctopus #Maxspect

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
For aquaculture setups, where you want more flow along the bottom part of the tank. That orientation immediately comes to mind!! Or, for spinning frag racks :D
“You spin my rack right round right round” @TheHarold

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Would you run a single Blade, two Blades, or you attach two pumps to make one?
Honestly im not sure, I was looking at running two together on one side of my 75 gallon. Im not sure it will provide enough flow though as I plan on doing mostly SPS.
I had also though about one on each side but in opposite corners to send flow both ways in the tank and cause some disruption down the center line lenght ways. ;Pompus got me thinking now.

What would you suggest?

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Coral vue is all about Innovation for 2019 !! This us amazing progress
Thank you for noticing. We're trying! ;Shamefullyembarrased

Honestly im not sure, I was looking at running two together on one side of my 75 gallon. Im not sure it will provide enough flow though as I plan on doing mostly SPS.
I had also though about one on each side but in opposite corners to send flow both ways in the tank and cause some disruption down the center line lenght ways. ;Pompus got me thinking now.

What would you suggest?
I think that's the cool thing about the Blade. It's versatile enough for you to try both configurations to see what corals respond better to. I like the idea of putting one on each side in opposite corners. I've only seen them in person over MACNA weekend myself. But this is a product that's on my personal radar as something I am interested in trying.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
That might be the deciding factor for me is the sheer versatility of this pump. I cant recall though are these apex compatible?
I sent your question to the manufacturer to answer for us. I have a nice PowerPoint here to reference, but I don't see this mentioned in it. I'll follow up once I hear back!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
That might be the deciding factor for me is the sheer versatility of this pump. I cant recall though are these apex compatible?
I am told it is likely compatible since the Blade has a 0-10v port like other Reef Octopus/OCTO DC products that have a controller.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
I'd like to see the size comparison with other gyres. Is this shorter than the Jebao CP-25 if you use a single?

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I'd like to see the size comparison with other gyres. Is this shorter than the Jebao CP-25 if you use a single?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the CP-25 is 10.5". A single Blade is 6.06".

When you feed your fish do you feel like your feeding the algae as well?

• Yes I feel I'm feeding too much

Votes: 110 30.7%
  • Yes but not much

Votes: 137 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 102 28.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors