• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

FIRST LOOK VIDEO: Reef Octopus Blade

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
When is this going to be released?
I want 2!!
The pumps and controllers are ready for the public as I understand it. Unfortunately, Reef Octopus has had to postpone the release of the Blade due to some external factors which we are not at liberty to talk about. I wouldn't look for the Blade to hit the US market until maybe Wintertime. Total bummer!

John K.

View Badges
Reaction score
The pumps and controllers are ready for the public as I understand it. Unfortunately, Reef Octopus has had to postpone the release of the Blade due to some external factors which we are not at liberty to talk about. I wouldn't look for the Blade to hit the US market until maybe Wintertime. Total bummer!
That is a bummer!! thanks for your response!

kjbrooks71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That is a bummer for sure. please keep us posted. On another note - setting up my Wave Engine this weekend. woohoo

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score

John K.

View Badges
Reaction score
It uses two Direct Drive ports.

I have to give you a cryptic answer and say partially, yes.
I’m holding out and waiting for it. I’ve got Nero 5’s now. The MP40’s seem to be to problematic. The Red Sea wave pump was a huge disappointment.

John K.

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m beginning to think this whole thing was scrapped? They looked really promising, it’s too bad.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
I know that, in general, international supply chains have significantly changed product launch timeframes during 2020.

@[email protected] @[email protected] - any update on the Blade?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Update... there is no update so this doesn’t bode well for the Blade. Unfortunately I can neither confirm nor deny if it’s alive or dead. :/
Not the answer that I was hoping for, but thanks for checking!

Waynerock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Started reading this article and got excited and was ready to buy...Now this is how I feel!! Must of gotten hit with a patent issue I guess to pull it that quick
1600969828281.png

John K.

View Badges
Reaction score
I went ahead and went with the Nero 5’s. Almost a year old and still working great, definitely was hoping to get these instead though. I really hope they work it out I love reef octopus products

Have you ever TRULY had a reason to panic in this hobby?

• Yes

Votes: 166 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 59 25.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 4 1.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Reef Collective