First nano tank ( first tank period )

TinyWood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys so I've started setting up my tank can I get opinions on the set up of my rock did I go high enough I was trying to make some nice lil nooks. And the 2 little stragglers I just kinda stuck over there because I thought it needed something and they might be a cool place for coral later

20200221_063600.jpg 20200221_063645.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TinyWood

TinyWood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7g, 16" wide 10" tall, a lil bit of a slanted front so 10" front to back at the top and 14" front to back at the bottom

OP
OP
TinyWood

TinyWood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan for stock, it's just the plan so it could change but it is 4 fish 2 clowns, 1 orchid dottyback, 1 coral beauty angel... and some easy beginner corals

24/7ReeFTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angel will get pretty big for that tank and will need to be rehomed but it should last a year or so if you buy one small enough. The rest of the stock sounds good. So others I would suggest is a firefish and a clown goby.

OP
OP
TinyWood

TinyWood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angel will get pretty big for that tank and will need to be rehomed but it should last a year or so if you buy one small enough. The rest of the stock sounds good. So others I would suggest is a firefish and a clown goby.

It shouldn't they should be about 2 inches 3 is big I mean from what I read

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a bit confused on the 7gallon also. Two clowns will outgrow that in two years. The only fish I put in my 6g are baby clowns for 2 years (ocellaris), neon gobies, trimma or Eviota gobies. A tiny shrimp goby (yasha, dracula, flame, yellow nose) with little pistol shrimp (candy).
I would also maybe a pair of rusty gobies, but that is it as far as types of fish. The four you have listed will not work in that small of a system. Even in the short run. Please reconsider, or look into the tiny gobies. They are great and really fun to watch.
Unless, I read the size wrong.

OP
OP
TinyWood

TinyWood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely will I was only going on what I've been watching videos on this is all new to us

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some goby recommendations:
Green Banded
Yellow Clown
Trimma (Peppermint) or Neon (yellow or blue) (repeating DeniseAndy above)

The cool thing with keeping super tiny fish is that they "scale" the aquarium, make it seem bigger than it actually is. Put a Coral Beauty in a small space like that as active as they are and it will be like a bull in a China shop.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love the tiny gobies. So much personality. I am glad you are here to learn and take advice. We would love to see pictures as you go. You could make a build too. Looks good so far.
What corals are you thinking? Careful with a small reef as corals have tons of chemical warfare. I will try to get pictures of my traveling 6g. I am just horrible at pictures and it needs cleaning. :)

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock opinion is

small yellow watchman goby
2 baby clownfish
1 firefish maybe

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue as far as corals go I've been reading alot but will cross that bridge when I get a lil more comfortable

welcome!
a lot of ppl like to start off with softies but IMHO they can be moody dont get my wrong I think a lot of them are underrated. but they set to freak ppl out by closing up .

once you have your water quality I would consider easy LPS corals like duncans, blastos acans they are colorful nd tend to do well if water is good.

I agree the 4 fish you posted early I would not do in a 7G. that not a lot of water for SW fish. in FW you can add alot not so much in SW.

I 2 or 3rd what ever number we are on with the small gobies and like said it scales the aquarium so it looks bigger.

have fun!

OH if you dont have an ATO is a must have to keep salinity stable trust us it will save you time and money in the long run.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back