First Plumbing Attempt – Feedback/Suggestions Appreciated

Ecce Animot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m still pretty much a newbie in the hobby and I'm about to swap out my canister filter for a sump and hard plumbing. What I have in mind is more or less like the layout in the attached pic. Any feedback or suggestions before I get the glue out would be very much appreciated :)

In addition to the misc. pvc fittings and pipes, the equipment I have includes:
  • 75 Gallon Display Tank
  • Trigger Ruby 36 Sump
  • Eshopps Eclipse L Overflow Box (1000 GPH)
  • Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 Pump (714 GPH)
I plan to use 1” SCH 40 pipe for the 3 individual bean-animal drains and 3/4” SCH 40 pipe for the single return.

Am I basically on the right track here? Anything obviously wrong or easily improved?

Cheers!

- Justin

Plumbing Example.jpeg

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m still pretty much a newbie in the hobby and I'm about to swap out my canister filter for a sump and hard plumbing. What I have in mind is more or less like the layout in the attached pic. Any feedback or suggestions before I get the glue out would be very much appreciated :)

In addition to the misc. pvc fittings and pipes, the equipment I have includes:
  • 75 Gallon Display Tank
  • Trigger Ruby 36 Sump
  • Eshopps Eclipse L Overflow Box (1000 GPH)
  • Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 Pump (714 GPH)
I plan to use 1” SCH 40 pipe for the 3 individual bean-animal drains and 3/4” SCH 40 pipe for the single return.

Am I basically on the right track here? Anything obviously wrong or easily improved?

Cheers!

- Justin

Plumbing Example.jpeg
As long as your shortest pipe is the one with gate valve you're on the right track. Emergency is the one on the right in your pic which is the tallest in the overflow with no U. Great job, looks clean, love the color choice, same as mine.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled my 75 to go from hang on back overflow and over the top returns. I used the Eshoppes medium overflow and have two 1 inch drains and 2 3/4 inch returns. My drains run 15 feet into a fish room.
I prefer to have a central overflow and 2 returns. Yours should work great.
59119415300__70EB79F0-C0D0-4805-9527-3E5F2261DCE0-L.jpg

IMG_1403-L.jpg

I wasn't sure how exactly you were copying the pic.
Make sure to place the gate valve where you can reach it and it is best if you can see inside the rear overflow box while you adjust it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back