OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited I got my Intank media basket. Super happy with how well designed it is. Also happy how much effort they put into the packaging.
Got so excited about it that I forgot about the first rule of reefing and wasn't patient. Went out and I bought a thing of chaeto. But I ran out of time to set my light and basket up. So now I have chaeto floating in the tank :/
But still making some progress.

IMG_1596.JPG

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited I got my Intank media basket. Super happy with how well designed it is. Also happy how much effort they put into the packaging.
Got so excited about it that I forgot about the first rule of reefing and wasn't patient. Went out and I bought a thing of chaeto. But I ran out of time to set my light and basket up. So now I have chaeto floating in the tank :/
But still making some progress.

IMG_1596.JPG
I need to order one of these, I just wish someone would make a nice tube light that could go right down the center for a fuge area so you didn;t have to peel away the back of the tank to light it.

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to order one of these, I just wish someone would make a nice tube light that could go right down the center for a fuge area so you didn;t have to peel away the back of the tank to light it.
Someone makes a submersible light I forget who though.
I recommend getting the basket even if you only use it for filtration instead of a refugium.

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a busy week and weekend away at the river, finally did some work on my tank.
Got my cheato in the Intank media basket and my cheatomax light up and running. So hopefully the cheato takes off. Happy how big the media basket is.
Was excited I bought my first coral today, an rocordia and zoas on a live rock. Figured it would be a good cheap way to see how my tank is doing. Unfortunately I spotted some bubble alage on the rock before I put it in the tank, so took the coral back to the LFS. Made me realize I need to get some coral dip. Any recommendations?
Also still have nitrates and a week and half of almost daily water changes. So tested a fresh batch of SW got nitrates of 5 with my Red Sea test kit. Tested the same water with a API test kit said it was O. So need to test with another kit to see what kit is off with results.

Last edited:

SwiftStorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good call on the Intank basket. I've the IM baskets and had to place a suction cup behind the basket to hold it in place so the water couldn't bypass the filter pad. I placed a 2 layer pad then a100 micron polishing pad under it. I just replace the top pad most of the time.

I put the desktop version of the first skimmer in chamber 2. Fits like a glove and works great.

Love this hobby.

CaliberGSD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you decide to go with the media basket for the chaeto over the Fuge Basket they make for the second chamber? Just interested as I got two media baskets, one for each side and then ordered the Fuge Basket for one of the second chambers.

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you decide to go with the media basket for the chaeto over the Fuge Basket they make for the second chamber? Just interested as I got two media baskets, one for each side and then ordered the Fuge Basket for one of the second chambers.
Almost everyone I saw/asked in my research was running their fuge in the first chamber. Even though I couldn’t get a solid reason as to why. And my thinking was I would still have the media basket to use even if I end up buying a fuge basket.

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now the fun part just started to get a little diatom bloom today, yay!
But my hermit is moving around like crazy!
So currently have my chambers set up like this from left to right from the front of the tank: media basket with filter floss and chaeto, live rock rubble, return pump and heater, chemipure blue, filter sock. Anything different I should be doing?

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now the fun part just started to get a little diatom bloom today, yay!
But my hermit is moving around like crazy!
So currently have my chambers set up like this from left to right from the front of the tank: media basket with filter floss and chaeto, live rock rubble, return pump and heater, chemipure blue, filter sock. Anything different I should be doing?
sounds ok, if it works go with it. you can always tweak it later.

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy finally have fish and corals!!
Added a firefish today was nervous he would be shy but even after finding a cave he’s been out and cruising around.
Got a green leather coral that’s already opening back up. And a zooanthid that’s still closed up.
Glad I dipped had a spider looking thing come off and I think some pods. Used ME coral wash off and it seemed to work well.

6E313551-2272-4C81-A59B-E4DC399A2420.jpeg

Last edited:

baslewprime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy finally have fish and corals!!
Added a firefish today was nervous he would be shy but even after finding a cave he’s been out and cruising around.
Got a green leather coral that’s already opening back up. And a zooanthid that’s still closed up.
Glad I dipped had a spider looking thing come off and I think some pods. Used ME coral wash off and it seemed to work well.

6E313551-2272-4C81-A59B-E4DC399A2420.jpeg

wonderful :)

post more pic

BubbleFett42079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great start on your tank build. Ever since I purchased a IM25 Lagoon, I have been debating on either getting a IM40 or IM50 Lagoon.

By the way, where did you purchase your stand?

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start on your tank build. Ever since I purchased a IM25 Lagoon, I have been debating on either getting a IM40 or IM50 Lagoon.

By the way, where did you purchase your stand?
Thank you! I was going to buy the 20 Nuvo but made extra cash from some side work weekend and decided to go bigger. I’m very glad I did.
I felt very limited by my first aquarium a 20 gallon.
The stand is actually an end table I built when I first bought my house. Found it on Pinterest, real easy project. Actually thinking about having my carpenter friend build me a nice stand with a cabinet.

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay excited I came home my Zoa was open and my fire fish was out swimming around!
He’s sorta spunky. He was being a jerk I put in some brine shrimp he nibbles it then spit it out. I panicked a tiny bit because it was the only SW fish food I had. I walked away to feed other tanks. And I come back and he’s gobbling it all up.
Glad my tank is doing well excited for Reef-A-Paloza Sunday for a few more corals!

A736BDDE-0502-4292-BD23-DEBC66C492BC.jpeg

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s how they take bites. Eat a bit, nibble, spit out, go back for more.

Kelso

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
firefish are amazing with beautiful colors... lost my first shoal of 5 due to no tank canopy..... didnt realize they were jumpers, but that was back in the early 80's when marine aquaria didnt have the vast internet resources of today.

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice set up! What size goose neck fitting did you get for your AI Prime HD? I ordered a nuvo 20 and am looking at that light, but am unsure of which length to get or if I should just go for the ridged arm mount.

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice set up! What size goose neck fitting did you get for your AI Prime HD? I ordered a nuvo 20 and am looking at that light, but am unsure of which length to get or if I should just go for the ridged arm mount.
It’s the 12” mount.
It works alright. But need to find a different solution since I plan to eventually run two Primes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back