First Reef scape. Please tear it apart to your discretion.

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built my first scape. Tell me what you guys think! Will their be good enough flow? Any problems you might see that I don't? Thanks!

20200703_110428.jpg 20200703_110439.jpg 20200703_110450.jpg 20200703_110457.jpg 20200703_110502.jpg 20200703_110506.jpg 20200703_110511.jpg

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move rock structure from right side more in, as you wont be able to clean glass there with magnet (not enough room for magnet to get in) Would try to add more hiding spots for fish, rock sitting by itself on the left I would remove, unless you planned on using it to isolate some corals so that they dont spread. If you like what you have, leave it be for 3-4 days, dont look at it and dont think about it. Come back after that time and take a look. Odds are there will be something you dont like and will want to change.

Keep in mind that scape is built for fish and corals. Once coras are put in and grow out, you wont even be able to see your scape any more. Plan your scape based on fish and coral needs.

OP
OP
Krixic

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move rock structure from right side more in, as you wont be able to clean glass there with magnet (not enough room for magnet to get in) Would try to add more hiding spots for fish, rock sitting by itself on the left I would remove, unless you planned on using it to isolate some corals so that they dont spread. If you like what you have, leave it be for 3-4 days, dont look at it and dont think about it. Come back after that time and take a look. Odds are there will be something you dont like and will want to change.

Keep in mind that scape is built for fish and corals. Once coras are put in and grow out, you wont even be able to see your scape any more. Plan your scape based on fish and coral needs.
Gotcha! Yea I wanted to put zoas or gsp on the isolated rock. Should I break into a smaller piece? Also how should I make more hiding spots for fish? I have a few tunnels in the rocks themselves aside from the cavern. I also plan on having a sand bed, not sure if that matters too much

Shnolby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little late to the party, love the big swimming space in the middle and the island. I would rotate the back rock wall just slightly so that it’s not parallel with the back plane of glass. I also think the two high points of the rock wall should be at different heights, but overall looks great man

OP
OP
Krixic

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little late to the party, love the big swimming space in the middle and the island. I would rotate the back rock wall just slightly so that it’s not parallel with the back plane of glass. I also think the two high points of the rock wall should be at different heights, but overall looks great man
Thank you! I accually sort of redid things (used the sticky). Heres the finished product. Still need to figure out my flow so my sand does not get kicked around :p

15945706890536332021429708002165.jpg

richw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome you could also drill holes into the back of the rock work for extra hiding places (bedrooms) and if you drilled right through more flow maybe

OP
OP
Krixic

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome you could also drill holes into the back of the rock work for extra hiding places (bedrooms) and if you drilled right through more flow maybe
Thanks! I'll try something later today!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back