OP
hikebikebrew

hikebikebrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Added some Fritz turbo start and 4 small green Chromies to get things going.

Apex arrived and i've started laying out a diy pannel for cable routing. Will post photos when i get some progress.

OP
OP
hikebikebrew

hikebikebrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, how time flies! Sorry i've been poor at keeping this updated.

I added an Apex with two 832's to give a lot of flexibility and control. Built a custom pannel to route and provide cable management too.

so far i am really loving the monitoring and geeking out on the controlability with the fusion control app. Already contemplating other controls to add with the BOB.

20210719_170600.jpg
20210707_054444.jpg

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, how time flies! Sorry i've been poor at keeping this updated.

I added an Apex with two 832's to give a lot of flexibility and control. Built a custom pannel to route and provide cable management too.

so far i am really loving the monitoring and geeking out on the controlability with the fusion control app. Already contemplating other controls to add with the BOB.

20210719_170600.jpg
20210707_054444.jpg
Is that stand truly wood, or is it something else just painted to look like wood? I like the look of it, is the first I've seen other than the white or black standard ones

OP
OP
hikebikebrew

hikebikebrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is "all plywood construction" and then has a laminated surface. So the oak appearance is fake, but does look really nice. I was in the same boat, and decided to give it a try. Glad i did!

OP
OP
hikebikebrew

hikebikebrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some amazing LPS from Unique Coral here in LA from one of their flash sales recently. Got a Blasto, GSP, Ultra Favia, tarantula zoa and a splatter trachy. Really happy with how this tank is coming along!

20210828_172226.jpg
20210828_172211.jpg

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good! Thinking of picking up this tank. Are you still using filter socks or have you done a filter roller? Any thoughts on how that filter sock section would/could be removed?

OP
OP
hikebikebrew

hikebikebrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good! Thinking of picking up this tank. Are you still using filter socks or have you done a filter roller? Any thoughts on how that filter sock section would/could be removed?
I'm so sorry, I thought I had replied to this.

I am still using the filter socks. I guess I'm in the minority that actually likes them. I buy new ones and swap them out every 2 weeks with the WC.

The way the sump is configured you'd have to do some pretty major rework to the glass chambers to get a roller in there, unless you went with one of the drop in ones that fit into the 4" sock spots. Even then, I'd be worried about the vertical clearance. Its tight under there.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back