First saltwater aquarium

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. My name is Robert. I'm new here and to this hobby and I hope to get to know some of you better!
So I currently reside in a 1 bedroom apartment with my fiance. I plan to be here for a while more so I will be starting off the hard way, with a nano tank. I understand that less water is harder but I'm confident enough to give it a go!

So, I found a nuvo 25 with pump and stand for sale in my area. I will hopefully be seeing it tomorrow. The guy says ot has no scratches or issues and holds water fine. In the photo it seems to have about 2 inches of water sitting in it.

Are the Nuvo tanks safe now? Should I just avoid it altogether?

BTW the price on this tank and stand is 275. It seems like this or a 10 gallon waterbox are my main choices atm.
Please. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Screenshot_20201101-215746_OfferUp.jpg

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Robert!

Good choice to start with an All in One tank for your first reef, I think they're much more manageable to start with. I've had great success with used tanks, but I'd definitely recommend looking at the silicone seams before you buy it. 25 gallons is a good water volume that gives you some flexibility as a new reefer, so I'd say go for it!

OP
OP
R

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone. So I ended up with a nuvo 20 peninsula. That guy flaked on me and my fiance decided we needed a divider for the dining room and living room in the new apartment.

16056769771905538433695376551233.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back