OP
OP
nick_rsa

nick_rsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, thanks so far for the warm welcome warm and definitely struggling with info overload reading the previous forums and posts.
after last nights testing with the Red Sea was:

PH 8.4
NH3 0
N02 1
N03 50

after testing I did a 30% water change and left the tank to stabilise. Will test again this evening to see if there was any improvement.

so far in the tank I used CaribSea aragonite and some pieces of I think its referred to as Marco rock which wasn’t ever cycled before.

on the equipment side there is a basic zetlight for the time being before I upgrade it when the first corals will go in once the tank has cycled and matured. There is also a ghost skimmer in the back compartment of the AIO with a few pieces of live rock that I sourced from a friend. The other side of the overflow has the filter box with carbon matrix, denitrate from Seachem and a piece of filter sponge to remove bigger chunks once live stock can be added.
for flow I was suggested to get the tour on mantis 2 which has the flow adjustment off a control box which is currently set to a random pattern.

OP
OP
nick_rsa

nick_rsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Welcome.
I do not think any of us can tell you exactly the things you will encounter, but some of similarities go around. Algae outbreaks, dinos, cyano, aiptasia, watching the tank mature and bring out some beautiful life. We forget how remarkable that is sometimes.
Enjoy all of it. After all, who wants to be on a ride that just goes round and round when it can go up, down, side to side, backwards and forwards. Much more exciting.
It seems as if my tank has missed any algae problems in the 3 weeks it’s been running so far. Hopefully keep any nuisance algae down to a minimum

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back