OP
OP
S

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really a dip for ich. Best is to quarantine / tank transfer method. But, if you’re adding to an infected tank already, I don’t think it will matter and will have to deal with potential flare ups.

OK thanks, I guess that makes sense as once I have it in my system it will flare up from time to time anyway.

The reason for my concern adding new fish to an already infected tank is that its the most stressful time for the new fish, which reduces the immune system and makes them more susceptible to picking up infections/parasites. I always ensure the pumps are swtiched off or turned to minimum and the light levels are low to give as calm a time as possible as they are acclimitising, but is there anything you would advise treating the new fish with to give them a boost?

Speaking from freshwater experience, Many meds for example de-chlorinator, form a protective coat on the fish, and I was wondering if there is something similar for marine.

The reason I asked about the dip is that most sites for ordering fish online also have a section on inverts where they repeatedly warn they are "especially sensitive to copper-based treatments and dips", so I was wondering what that referred to and if it would add a protection to fish.

Scott

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back