First time posting and Scaping with Marco Rocks

LakeReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. First time posting and scaping. I used Marco premium shelf rocks and a couple of their foundation pieces, watched a couple videos, and went at it. Not sure why I was so blown away by how well superglue holds rocks together but I was truly, blown away. Its going in my new Waterbox Reef 100.3 tank. I'm curious as to if you guys think I went high enough with the structure. Planning to do mainly SPS. Two XR30s are going overhead. Still can't decide weather or not I want to do bare bottom or use the 2 bags of Original Grade Ocean Direct sand :/ Anyone wanna help convince me one way? Included a video of my scape and some pictures of how my setup build is going. Thanks in advance!

20211222_172043.jpg

20211222_124441.jpg

Attachments

• 20211224_034848.mp4
    88.6 MB
Last edited:

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like it man, I'd do sand this time around . Bare bottom with dry rock takes a lot longer to mature . If you can stand the looks of a larger grain size it will help with the blowing of sand . Good luck . See if a friend will loan you some marine pure balls from.his tank or buy them now and let them soak in for a month or 2 then drop in your sump. !

OP
OP
LakeReefing

LakeReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like it man, I'd do sand this time around . Bare bottom with dry rock takes a lot longer to mature . If you can stand the looks of a larger grain size it will help with the blowing of sand . Good luck . See if a friend will loan you some marine pure balls from.his tank or buy them now and let them soak in for a month or 2 then drop in your sump. !
Thanks . Yes definitely considering the time it will take to cycle with and without sand, however trying to decide mostly on how it will look visually as this a forever home and I'm not in any hurry. This is why I'm choosing the smaller gain just because I like the look of it, however I have heard the way the bottom glass gets encrusted is something spectacular.

As far as my fuge area in my Trigger sump, I'm going to do a layer of marine pure cubes, some live rock rubble and tumbling cheato. My idea is to place everything on a egg crate that is suspended about an inch with a tiny powerhead in that pocket blowing water around underneath everything so no detritus builds up. Not sure if it's a a good one but it's my idea lul.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. First time posting and scaping. I used Marco premium shelf rocks and a couple of their foundation pieces, watched a couple videos, and went at it. Not sure why I was so blown away by how well superglue holds rocks together but I was truly, blown away. Its going in my new Waterbox Reef 100.3 tank. I'm curious as to if you guys think I went high enough with the structure. Planning to do mainly SPS. Two XR30s are going overhead. Still can't decide weather or not I want to do bare bottom or use the 2 bags of Original Grade Ocean Direct sand :/ Anyone wanna help convince me one way? Included a video of my scape and some pictures of how my setup build is going. Thanks in advance!

20211222_172043.jpg

20211222_124441.jpg

Great looking 'scape

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back