First time reefer living in San Francisco

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thanks for all your help/advice I tried to get a badge for my build thread but it says “invalid link” maybe it’s not approved yet. I will try again soon. I have a few pics and some info on my build thread and I definitely plan to add more. I want to track my progress.

how long have you been in the hobby?? I’m going to check your build thread. I love to see everyone’s tanks

I already want something bigger but I can’t handle the cost right now I’m currently just proud of myself for almost eradicating my Dino’s problem. I took a multi prong approach and attacked it from all angles… microbacter 7, blackouts, raised nitrates and phosphates, installed a uv sterilizer, vacuumed it up, yelled at it, prayed, cried… y’all know the struggle

Try taking the end part off your URL, so it resembles:

It might be that end bit of /#post-11024157 causing confusion. It should take it right away and it is in the correct Forum.

Phil Steel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty world!

it certainly can become daunting when problems occur and reoccur and not to mention the endless money drain, but that’s what makes things so much more satisfying!

Enjoy the journey!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curved Orange transperant R2R 10-18-22.png

OP
OP
Gabtron92

Gabtron92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
San Jose has a couple of gems. Cali-Kid has a shop in Concord. Aquatic Collection in Hayward is pretty good. And CFM comes around to Sunnyvale a few times a year.

There's also a flower shop/aquarium in the avenues (Richmond district?) that has a saltwater fish sale every Sunday. Not my favorite shop in terms of fish health, but the sale gives customers a chance to pick up livestock before it goes into the shop's tanks.
Thanks! and yeah, I agree that 6th Ave is a little questionable in regards to fish health going in there makes me kinda sad so I typically go to Lucky ocean because the owner is really nice and cares a lot about his livestock. Unfortunately he is getting out of the business this year so I will have to find alternatives.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back