Fish additions to 50 gal clown tank

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New plan. As in love with wrasses as I am, I started to realize how overly complex I was getting with fish stocking choices and getting ahead of myself. I really wanted the exotic and the beautiful, but I’m worried I’m not ready to care for them.

we’ve reconsidered and decided we want to try to have 100% captive bred beginner type fish.

with that in mind our new stocking choice is :
1 cb dwarf coral beauty angel
1 cb yellow watchman
1 cb orchid dottyback
1 cb canary blenny
1 tiger pistol shrimp

I think with the space this should be ok with the clowns. I’ll spend the extra money on developing my refugium skills :)
Should go well!

OP
OP
Afkomjorgen

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally, i dont keep coral beauty's in less than a 60 but u should be fine
Due to full growth/activity/aggression? I have yet to receive the fish I want to make sure I’m making good decisions. These are long term new buddies :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to full growth/activity/aggression? I have yet to receive the fish I want to make sure I’m making good decisions. These are long term new buddies :)
I find CBAs to be on the more aggressive side in smaller tanks, the best angels to go with are:
C. acanthops
C. argi
C. aurantonotus
C. fisheri
C. flavipectorsalis
C. joculator
C. resplendens
C. multicolor

I’m pretty sure C. multicolor and C. joculator come from rather deep water so most specimens may need cooler water.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back