Fish choices for 10g jbj rimless

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! So I just set up a jbj 10g rimless cube about 3 months ago and so far all is going well, got a couple of corals (small torch and a red mushroom) and I have one clownfish. I decided instead of having 2 clownfish, I wanted to have a "bottom dweller" like a goby, something that is small but also colorful and a good tank mate for the clown. I don't have a lot of experience with fish other than clowns so I thought having other reefers advice would help me in choosing a fish that would nicely compliment the cube but not over stock it as I want to keep it low maintenance. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

20210815223839_IMG_5043.JPG

Colton.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish, 2" I think
Flaming prawn goby (beautiful but expensive $100-150 I think) 2

download.jpeg

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the flaming prawn goby! But I don't think I'll ever find one in my area but I'll see if I can find a shrimp and goby pair, these are both really good ideas

Colton.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not bought anything from them but I've heard good things about them.

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I will check those out for sure. I'm trying to pace myself as I don't want to add too much too quick my nitrates are a tad on the high side so I think I'll wait until I get that back in check.

Colton.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I've been told dozens of times "nothing good happens fast in a reef tank" you've got that down. Also pics please!

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided on getting a red banded goby and tiger pistol pair, will post pics later but.... I forgot to put my rocks to the glass and he burrowed under the rock ...oh boy

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neon Goby, Gold Neon goby, Bimaculatus blennie, bicolor and tailspot blennies.. Most goby/shrimpgoby and pistol shrimp pairs, I cant think of any real midwater swimmers that would be good long term in a 10 like that.. Might look more at some of the inverts too.

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided on getting a red banded goby and tiger pistol pair, will post pics later but.... I forgot to put my rocks to the glass and he burrowed under the rock ...oh boy
Do you mean Nitrites rather than nitrates? For the most part in a tank that size, water changes are you nitrate control

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! So I just set up a jbj 10g rimless cube about 3 months ago and so far all is going well, got a couple of corals (small torch and a red mushroom) and I have one clownfish. I decided instead of having 2 clownfish, I wanted to have a "bottom dweller" like a goby, something that is small but also colorful and a good tank mate for the clown. I don't have a lot of experience with fish other than clowns so I thought having other reefers advice would help me in choosing a fish that would nicely compliment the cube but not over stock it as I want to keep it low maintenance. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

20210815223839_IMG_5043.JPG
Cool options include the clown goby, pink streaked wrasse, or possum wrasse.

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went and purchased a hi fin red banded goby and tiger pistol pair. All was great until today when found my goby dead on the floor. I have a glass top but clearly there was a space big enough for him to slip through. Very sad right now but need to solve this or I won't be able to get a replacement for my pistol :(

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back