OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued that monti frag down when I started the tank, it's encrusted so much. That piece in particular sat in my old tank for 4 months with no growth at all
IMG_0836.JPG

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it was a very crazy month. The tank is having a rough week. Acros are loosing some color, seem to be paling out and growth has slowed. Not stopped, but slowed noticeably. I believe I let my nutrients get too low. NO3 went to 0.0 PO4 got to 4ppb. Trying to work it back up too see if it resolves my problem.

@Lilmatty5dimes tag me in your build I want to follow. If you need anything let me know. I can get some of your rock cured in my sump, or cut you some corals.

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lilmatty5dimes tag me in your build I want to follow. If you need anything let me know. I can get some of your rock cured in my sump, or cut you some corals.
Thanks for the offer man. I've got to acid wash them all still and hopefully by the time I get that don't I'll have everything else done with the stand and cleaning so I'll be able to start the cycle up.
I'm still debating on which skimmer to use. I'm thinking of using the coral box cloud 9(BM curve) it's on sale from reef breeder for $220. Of course I've always used reef octopus before so can't make up my mind.
When the time comes I'll definitely be down in trading some coral.

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update, a lot has happened. Finally able to work NO3 up to 0.2-0.5 with heavy feeding and NO3 dosing. PO4 is about 7-9ppb. SPS is looking better, LPS is crazy happier. In fortunately I lost a really nice from @Battlecorals. It was a new addition the backdraft table. really sad about that but everything else looks great. I'll but pics up tomorrow. Adams stuff is beautiful

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the update. I finally got my nutrients stabilized NO3 at 0.2 and PO4 at 7ppb. Id like them higher but it better than zero. A good friend of mine @litenyaup came over and brought his PAR meter so I could finally get some readings on my tank. Well the results were very surprising. At the top of my rockwork I had 180 PAR and at the sand with my clams I was reading 130!!!! Completely blew my mind.

So if you have been following I built my own combo fixture. So today I after seeing those numbers I finally put bulbs in the T5. After adding the T5 bulbs I'm getting 330-350 at the top of the rockwork and 200 PAR in the sand . Much better numbers, the tank looks so much brighter and colors much crisper. I'm going to start the T5 on 3 hours a day and work it up to 5-6 over the next month.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back