• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fish food

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your better off to save $$$ and seed your tank with copepods, baby brine edible macro algae and sponges and feed a variety of foods like red nori and green nori soaked in selcon on a clip and a mixture of frozen spirulina half frozen mysis shrimp twice a day (mix in reefroid or phytoplankton) feed snacks like dehydrated or frozen krill or oysters in a half shell depending on the fish you can also chop up frozen squid shrimp or silversides

Being able to eat without you feeding them is the key to a finicky fish

I.e being able to graze like in the wild
(Maybe attach some nori to fragplugs or rock with a rubberband seed the reef with microfauna is your best bet imo

Feeding natural is always best for non captive bred fish(60% of marine fish are hand caught) as their are no pellets or giant floating hand in the ocean
Just my 2 cents

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I tried everything but this Lamarck angel won't touch any food. It goes after the food but spits it out
@taha89 Try something with sponge like spectrum or hikari angelfish with sponge formula soaked in selcon maybe get some live sponge or edible macro algae, maybe a zoa frag will tempt him Angel's are coralivores and require a high ratio of sponge in their diet,

They also like red nori,blackworms, you can try clams or muscles in a half shell,

I would also highly reccomend feeding half frozen spirulina half mysis shrimp 2 to 3 times a day if you arent already

Arthurfarris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought CHUWPI AquaOrganic Aquaponics Fish Feed as we have an all organic aquaponics set-up and we wanted to keep the fish organic as well. We bought fingerling tilapia, and at first I thought the size of the food would be too big for them to swallow, but the pellets can become soft enough for my fish tank pets to pick at them. This product comes with an organic guarantee and explanation in detail about what's in it. Besides that, it is also highly recognized for being purely organic fish food that does not contain any fish meal or GMO ingredients.

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried live/frozen brine shrimp or ceopedes.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back