Fish for a 10g Frag Tank?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just setup a 10 Gallon Frag tank, and was wondering what kind of fish would I be able to house in it? The filter is an AquaClear 70, I would prefer to have only 1 that would someone benefit the corals. Any suggestions? (Corals include softies, lps, euphyllia, and gorgs)

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good addition would be a small herbivorous fish that will keep hair algae and the like at bay. Something like a rainford’s goby or a small blenny would be fun and help keep the frag plugs clean.

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good addition would be a small herbivorous fish that will keep hair algae and the like at bay. Something like a rainford’s goby or a small blenny would be fun and help keep the frag plugs clean.

I've seen those before, never knew they ate algae. I'll probably wait until LA gets more or if a LFS could get one in

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just setup a 10 Gallon Frag tank, and was wondering what kind of fish would I be able to house in it? The filter is an AquaClear 70, I would prefer to have only 1 that would someone benefit the corals. Any suggestions? (Corals include softies, lps, euphyllia, and gorgs)

i would do a pinkstreak wrasse or a captive bred court jester goby (wild ones are finicky and may not eat).

First one eats pests, 2nd one will eat some algae.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might could even keep a Biota or ORA tank-raised Mandarin Dragonet....
Even though they are captive bred and eat prepared food they require a mature tank with lots of pods

AfaceInTheCrowd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sail fin Molly for algae prevention, also They eat algae that other herbivores wont eat, and a wrasse, 6line maybe, although they can be aggressive lil s::::s..for eating coral parasites.. also a few peppermint shrimp (They are communal animals so shouldn’t really be kept singularly) as “apparently” they also eat eggs of flatworms etc..

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my Setup 10g frag tank with live rock and frag racks. Aqua clear hob filter and a Powerhead. Best fish for me so far a lawnmower blenny. Unreal I come home from work and the frag racks are spotless clean! Also have an azure damsel to help fertilize

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would go with a possum wrasse, lawnmower blenny or a molly

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your goals with the fish?
Algae or pests?
If algae, I agree a blenny.
If pests, a wrasse. Maybe six line since you won’t have any other fish.

For those that say Molly, wouldn’t they not do well in the flow needed for corals?
I ask because I have always wanted to try one but thought they could not handle high flow.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back