fish have flukes + fresh water dips

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done a fresh water dip this morning on a second fish before I added Prazipro. I didn't do a major water change since it's been 2 days since my last one. I did do a 5 gallon wc again today before I added the Prazipro. but I know I need to do another dip. at what frequency do I need to do it again. every day. every other day or what 5 days and then do another water change and read Prazipro and another fresh water dip. ?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just de-dose after 5-7 days. I do a water change 24-48 hours after the doses. :)

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done a fresh water dip this morning on a second fish before I added Prazipro. I didn't do a major water change since it's been 2 days since my last one. I did do a 5 gallon wc again today before I added the Prazipro. but I know I need to do another dip. at what frequency do I need to do it again. every day. every other day or what 5 days and then do another water change and read Prazipro and another fresh water dip. ?
I like every other day as needed. It gives the fish a bit of rest between dips. But it's a judgement call and will vary from case to case. Lots of observation. Watch for symptoms: twitching, scraping, cloudy eyes, etc. Humblefish has suggested that the prazipro dosage is a bit high at 2.5 ppm. 2.0 ppm will suffice, and is the dosage included in General Cure packet. It's a bit easier on the fish, yet gets the job done.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like every other day as needed. It gives the fish a bit of rest between dips. But it's a judgement call and will vary from case to case. Lots of observation. Watch for symptoms: twitching, scraping, cloudy eyes, etc. Humblefish has suggested that the prazipro dosage is a bit high at 2.5 ppm. 2.0 ppm will suffice, and is the dosage included in General Cure packet. It's a bit easier on the fish, yet gets the job done.
i'm only doing the fw dip and Prazipro. nothing else. will do a wc on Friday then redoes again for another week. see where every fish is at. I don't think my wrasse will make it. it's hanging on for dear life right now. the fin is looking really bad. like it's almost gone. but it's still hanging on. it is swimming from time to time. and twitching when it's swimming. but this is the first day of treatment. so i'm hoping to see some improvement in 24 to 72 hours..

Back