Fish having a hard time eating pellets

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps a few more ideas from: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jwas.12426/full

The diet consisted of a mixture of a commercially prepared seafood blend (LRS Fertility Frenzy, Larry's Reef Services, Advance, NC, USA); fish eggs (LRS Fish Eggs, Larry's Reef Services); frozen mysis shrimp, Mysis diluviana (Piscine Energetics, Inc., Vernon, BC, Canada); and a commercially available 1.7-mm extruded pellet ([EP1 – 46% crude protein, 16% crude fat, and 2% crude fiber], TDO Chroma Boost, Reed Mariculture, Inc., Campbell, CA, USA).

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari S pellets .Feed clowns, chromis and yellow goby and they're small critters or were .They love them

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omega one flakes are the only ones my fish seem to go after -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JB7VPU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That formula seemed to be the same as the "Saltwater" fish formula even though the food seems to be ambiguous towards if it is for fresh or saltwater.

For small clowns I use brine & fish eggs as they are small and the tiny clowns can eat them better.

They eventually grow and can start eating mysis/pellets better.

You can also get the hatchery pellets but I prefer to just feed alternatives unless you are breeding clowns and continuously need the tiny tiny foods.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back