Fish hide and seek. Anyone else “lose” a fish?

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago we lost our yasha Mojito. Never saw it dead but assumed it had passed and our blue leg hermit ate it. Last week our lfs had two in so we took one home and named it Mojito the 2nd. I just looked over at the tank and look who’s back!

I guess adding the 2nd made Mojito come out of hiding. They’re hanging out together so hopefully they’ll be ok until I can see them better to find out if they’re m or f 5D299584-B5CE-4D6C-BFA8-2DD2EE8742AA.jpeg 1C0FE013-4B7B-4756-9FD9-AC0D1EBE09E1.jpeg

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankfully mine have only gone missing for a few days at a time. I'm new to saltwater and to be honest I get stressed if I don't see everyone at least twice a day (which is how often I feed). :) I'm still in awe at how fish can disappear in my 5g that has only two rocks. How is that even possible?! Your story is incredible! Thankfully your first yasha was found alive and well. They are stunning fish! I love gobies. They're my favorite!

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better photos might help, but I'm sure a male yasha goby has a thinner and longer dorsal fin than the female, these are very interesting but quite elusive fish, in my case I had Stonogobiops nematodes, and it would disappear for weeks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back