Fish/inverts not going after reef frenzy?

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my research on RF and it seems like its almost like crack for fish. However, when I feed my tank reef frenzy, most the inhabitants barely notice it. if they do eat it, theyll spit most of it out. they seem to prefer pellets and flake lol...i feed them frozen mysis and brine, and they go crazy for this. wondering if any of you guys had similar experiences?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my research on RF and it seems like its almost like crack for fish. However, when I feed my tank reef frenzy, most the inhabitants barely notice it. if they do eat it, theyll spit most of it out. they seem to prefer pellets and flake lol...i feed them frozen mysis and brine, and they go crazy for this. wondering if any of you guys had similar experiences?
What kind of fish do you have? My tank goes nuts when I feed it. All the fish come out from hiding. Shrimps starting flying everywhere. Even my porcelain crab comes out from his hiding spot.

OP
OP
Nem0

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish do you have? My tank goes nuts when I feed it. All the fish come out from hiding. Shrimps starting flying everywhere. Even my porcelain crab comes out from his hiding spot.

1 clown 1 firefish, emerald crab, cleaner shrimp. none of them really seem to like it

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel better, my fish are not that fond of Fish Frenzy either. They eat it but it doesn’t illicit near the response as does pellets, flakes, or frozen mysis. My fish really love Reef Nutrition’s mysis feast and ArctiPods. It’s refrigerated (not frozen) so it’s really convenient. You might want to try some!

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not my experience, all my fish and inverts go nuts, maybe try one of the other blends, or maybe Rods food.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kauderns cardinal wouldn't eat anything but live blackworms until I tried this stuff.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a matter of just getting them used to something new? I just tried Rod's Food for the first time thinking they'd go nuts for it and they're pretty indifferent.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time feeding, there wasnt a ton of interest. The 2nd and 3rd times, I started getting the response I was expecting.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like crack on steroids to my fish/inverts.

Everything comes out to eat when I broadcast that 3 times a week. Funny thing, even my harlequin who supposedly only eats starfish will grab a chunk and scurry off with it.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like crack on steroids to my fish/inverts.

Everything comes out to eat when I broadcast that 3 times a week. Funny thing, even my harlequin who supposedly only eats starfish will grab a chunk and scurry off with it.
Maybe they secretly put starfish meat in there. Secret ingredient ;Facepalm

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they secretly put starfish meat in there. Secret ingredient ;Facepalm

ROFL Ground up asternas, I could really see it with how those thing reproduce to plague proportions in a very short amount of time. Or maybe they could come up with a "star fish blend" just for us harlequin owners. WOuld beat the heck out of cutting off a star fish leg to feed the little guy.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROFL Ground up asternas, I could really see it with how those thing reproduce to plague proportions in a very short amount of time. Or maybe they could come up with a "star fish blend" just for us harlequin owners. WOuld beat the heck out of cutting off a star fish leg to feed the little guy.
Lol! If there are asterinas in there, what else? Whale blubber?

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! If there are asterinas in there, what else? Whale blubber?
Would it really surprise anyone? Whale blubber is actually quite nutritious, and adds quite a bit of fat to the animal eating it. Least according to shark week. :D

Xam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat: pellets, love them, hikari brine, they go nuts, but LRS RF they spit out, even when I dose it with garlic or vitachem. Do you think it's expired? I can't find a date on my pack.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back