fish jumped from one tank and landed in another

rgrimaldi123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to wrap my head around if this is possible and it seams like it is. I had a green chromis in a 30L and one day walking by I heard a splash liker maybe I startled one of the fish. Later the chromis could not be found so I assumed he went carpet surfing, but could find no evidence. About a week later I was looking at my refugium which sits beside and just below the 30L and the chromis was swimming peacefully in there. The refugium is a 10gal acrylic with a small opening in the top, apparently this fish has acrobatic skills.

This is the only solution I can come up with. The two tanks are tied together but their is no possible route that it could traverse to make it to the refugium.

Just wondering if any one else had this I assume rare experience?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of my freshwater gobies jump from my 15g and landed in a 2.5g beside it. Lucky for him he chose that side of the tank to jump from. My 2.5g is completely open at the top so it sounds like yours was even luckier if there is only a small opening. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
you better go to church

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back