Fish list for 90g tank - is this doable?

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting for my 90 gallon tank to get made and delivered and am working on a possible stocking list. The fish that I really want are an angelfish, a pufferfish, and a Dracula goby. List below is not in any order. I am planning to have coral but I will work around what the angelfish and pufferfish eat/don't eat.
  1. Clownfish (2), one orange and one black and white
  2. Coral Beauty Angelfish
  3. Dracula Goby and pistol shrimp
  4. Red velvet fairy wrasse and some other fairy wrasses 3?
  5. Royal gamma basslet
  6. Canary Blenny
  7. Blue Sapphire damselfish
  8. Purple firefish
  9. Orchid Dottyback
  10. Purple Tang
  11. Valentini Pufferfish? Or Honeycomb Puffer?
Planned order is clowns first, then puffer, the rest, angel and tang last.
Does this make sense?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, definitely doable. Not 100% on what order you should add them but I don't think it matters too much. Valentini puffer would be my first choice. You'll either need a lid for the firefish or a different fish.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The puffier and the angel may eat any coral you have. The purple tang will likely not outgrow the tank, but it may become a holy terror once it is an adult. I would get a bristle tooth/yellow tang instead. Just keep up with water changes and use a refugium, and the bioload should be fine. I hope that this helps!

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The puffier and the angel may eat any coral you have. The purple tang will likely not outgrow the tank, but it may become a holy terror once it is an adult. I would get a bristle tooth/yellow tang instead. Just keep up with water changes and use a refugium, and the bioload should be fine. I hope that this helps!
Yellow/purple just as bad as each other i have purple in my 90 its fine

OP
OP
Atherial

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, definitely doable. Not 100% on what order you should add them but I don't think it matters too much. Valentini puffer would be my first choice. You'll either need a lid for the firefish or a different fish.
Thanks! Any experience with a Honeycomb Puffer? I found some lists that say it is cautiously reef safe and I do like the color.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good start list...lists sometime change especially when you see a fish not on the "list"
Angels most always "caution with corals and zoa'a... I so want a coral beauty or flame but have a lot of zoa's...so I am hesitant...I have a 4 year old purple tang, very chill, gets along with all the other tangs, 2 yellow, Blonde Naso, Tomini, Blue Hippo... had 3 yellows but one turned into a nightmare so sold him...
All were in a 125 a year ago but now in a 300...
Wrasses are good, great for turning sand over. I have 20 pounds in the far right back corner for them, the rest of the tank is bare bottom. Have a few rocks as a sand edge but I let the sand just do its thing in the corner..
To sort of help keep it to the right have 3 MP 40 pushing from left to right.
Wishing you great success in your tank build.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Firefish- jumper but best first fish.
Make purple tang the last occupant as it will be the largest in size and less intimidating
Per some comments, Never had an issue with coral beauty which I currently have in with a flame angel and my coral.
Valentini may nip zoa but rarely do I see or hear of that

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting for my 90 gallon tank to get made and delivered and am working on a possible stocking list. The fish that I really want are an angelfish, a pufferfish, and a Dracula goby. List below is not in any order. I am planning to have coral but I will work around what the angelfish and pufferfish eat/don't eat.
  1. Clownfish (2), one orange and one black and white
  2. Coral Beauty Angelfish
  3. Dracula Goby and pistol shrimp
  4. Red velvet fairy wrasse and some other fairy wrasses 3?
  5. Royal gamma basslet
  6. Canary Blenny
  7. Blue Sapphire damselfish
  8. Purple firefish
  9. Orchid Dottyback
  10. Purple Tang
  11. Valentini Pufferfish? Or Honeycomb Puffer?
Planned order is clowns first, then puffer, the rest, angel and tang last.
Does this make sense?
I would say that is a rlly good list. Just note that the purple tang will out grow the tank in a few years, and the damsel and dottyback are rlly aggressive. Good job

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! I have a *fairly* similar fish list in my 80 gallon low boy (48"x24" footprint), but have a yellow tang instead of a purple as my tang, because I've heard more horror stories of purple tangs getting aggressive as they mature than yellows, and yellows stay a little smaller. Feel free to take a look at my build thread and go to the last page if you want to see some recent tank videos so you can see how the fish behave with each other in mine.

Back