Fish list for new 180g tank.

maddox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I started new tank. 180g , 7 ft long. First I want to add all my fish and then start adding corals.

Tank is 2months old:

Already have:

2 ocealaris clowns
4 green chromis
1 azure damsel
1 fire fish (magnifica)
1 fox face
1 midas blenny

want to add:

3 anthias cooperi or evansi
1 yellow pyramid butterfly
1 copperband butterfly
1 female bellus angel
1 melanurus wrasse
1 radiant wrasse
1 carpenter or mcorsker wrasse
1 flame hawk
1 blue jaw triggerfish
1 tomini or white tail tang or kole tang
1 purple tang
1 naso eleganse

Thats all, but i think its too much fish ? Or not?
And who i need to introduce firstly and who lastly.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a CBB eat my corals?
They are only said to go after fleshy LPS, certain anemones, feather dusters, clam mantels, ect.. So keep away from that and you’ll be alright!
IMO, angelfish and copperband butterflies are as reef safe as risky fish get

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The hawkfish will eventually chase blennies and any gobies you might want to add

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also heard CBB are pretty hard to take care of.
They can be if it doesn’t already eat in the LFS. The aggressive ones you see tend to be the ones that eat (Atleast that’s what I’ve seen with most the CBBs that eat in my LFS). Mine goes after everything and then tries to “flash” at new fish to assert dominance - Thats what I mean when I say aggressive most of the time.

Jezzess77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
copperbands are pretty hard to get eating, and just keep in mind that just because they eat at the store doesnt mean theyll eat when you take them home, if that does become the case I've had success getting mine to eat with the two little fishies pouch feeder and some clams from my grocery store.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
copperbands are pretty hard to get eating, and just keep in mind that just because they eat at the store doesnt mean theyll eat when you take them home, if that does become the case I've had success getting mine to eat with the two little fishies pouch feeder and some clams from my grocery store.
Honestly, I have never found one that ate in the store then didn’t eat when it was home. I think the shorter the drive the better (My LFS is 30 minutes away so that may be why my fish don’t have extreme amounts of stress when they’re home).

Jezzess77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I have never found one that ate in the store then didn’t eat when it was home. I think the shorter the drive the better (My LFS is 30 minutes away so that may be why my fish don’t have extreme amounts of stress when they’re home).
I have had it with my first one and the pouch got him back to eating after 3 days and my lfs is only a 15 min drive but he was with other copper bands in the tank which I think played a part in him not eating at home, my second one didn't even eat at the lfs but the pouch got him on to frozen

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it with my first one and the pouch got him back to eating after 3 days and my lfs is only a 15 min drive but he was with other copper bands in the tank which I think played a part in him not eating at home, my second one didn't even eat at the lfs but the pouch got him on to frozen
That’s good that they ate when you got home! I think being with other CBBs will affect their eating behaviour as in the wild they’re only found in pairs or singularly however in captivity tanks have to be huge for a pair (Even with Zanclus cornutus, they seem to fail in pairs unless the tank is Atleast 12’).

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back