Fish List for new 25Gal Cube

JGoog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

My 25 gallon cube aquarium is starting to show signs of being in mid-cycle, I am starting to think about fish stocking/addition orders...

I have 22lbs of rock and 20lbs of sand.

Fish
-2x Ocellaris Clown (captive bred)
-Yellow Watchman Goby/Pistol shrimp pair
-Six Line OR Royal Gramma (Would prefer Six Line but know they could be aggressive)

CUC
5x - Cerith Snail
5x - Dwarf Hermit
3x - Scarlet Reef Hermit
2x - Emerald Crab
2x - Mexican Turbo

I am wondering if this is adequate/safe for a 25gal and what add order/timing I should be shooting for between the fish/CUC. I was planning on adding the clown pair first after the fishless cycle has fully finished and waiting a few months before a new addition. I am not sure if I should add in the CUC before the fish and wait?

Thank you!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine. I'd probably introduce half the fish and cleaning crew, then more over the next several months. If you want the sixline get the sixline. Mine is an absolute angel (no joking!)

OP
OP
J

JGoog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine. I'd probably introduce half the fish and cleaning crew, then more over the next several months. If you want the sixline get the sixline. Mine is an absolute angel (no joking!)
That is great to hear! Will I need to worry about a new tank not having much for the CUC to eat? I've had the light off all cycle and see no sign of algae growth yet.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great to hear! Will I need to worry about a new tank not having much for the CUC to eat? I've had the light off all cycle and see no sign of algae growth yet.
You can and should occasionally supplement your tank with seaweed. I like the green SeaVeggies from Two Little Fishies. Take 1/4 of a single sheet and then fold that twice into a square, then rubber band around a small flat rock. I would add one of those maybe once a week until you have your full crew in-place and then possibly twice a week (they should be polishing it off within a few hours, and if you make sure it's fairly secured it won't drift off - so they can always snack on it later). The seaweed is popular with tangs, dwarf angels, some wrasse and the occasional lawnmower blenny.

If it gets to the point where the seaweed disappears almost instantly then you may want to add an additional seaweed rock. If you're finding it's being left untouched then you may want to cut back either the times every week or amount of seaweed attached to the rock.

OP
OP
J

JGoog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can and should occasionally supplement your tank with seaweed. I like the green SeaVeggies from Two Little Fishies. Take 1/4 of a single sheet and then fold that twice into a square, then rubber band around a small flat rock. I would add one of those maybe once a week until you have your full crew in-place and then possibly twice a week (they should be polishing it off within a few hours, and if you make sure it's fairly secured it won't drift off - so they can always snack on it later). The seaweed is popular with tangs, dwarf angels, some wrasse and the occasional lawnmower blenny.

If it gets to the point where the seaweed disappears almost instantly then you may want to add an additional seaweed rock. If you're finding it's being left untouched then you may want to cut back either the times every week or amount of seaweed attached to the rock.
Awesome, Thanks! Still have a few weeks yet until the tank is cycled.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d pass on the 6 line in less than 30 gallons, too many horror stories compared to good ones. Pink streak wrasse looks very similar and is much more peaceful.
Not so say you can’t get a 6 line, I’d just be really worried about it.

OP
OP
J

JGoog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely not set on a 6 line by any means. I just want a fish that is peaceful and would be more of an open swimmer. I am open to recommendations for a final fish(s), mostly just looking for something that won't be sticking to the rocks as much.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gramma or wrasse both will stick to rocks. Any wrasse will certainly be more active, though gramma tend to get more active as they get more comfortable in the tank.
Might enjoy some type of blenny, they are known to have a fun personality.

OP
OP
J

JGoog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check out some blennies, I am a bit worried that a blenny may make it so a goby wouldn't be possible. Maybe a firefish with a YWG?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back