Fish of the Day: Eightline Flasher Wrasse

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good eyes guys. Yep that is a lunatus female, I have a trio. The male is not very impressive yet, just needs some more time to grow.
Are you the one who snagged the first trio DD offered in December? I snagged the first pair offered a few months ago, but I had hell with the female. The first female arrived with a bad swim bladder, and the second was super shy and disappeared forever into hiding after 2 weeks. I think I've given up on those ladies. The male has done fantastic however.

Eternal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you the one who snagged the first trio DD offered in December? I snagged the first pair offered a few months ago, but I had hell with the female. The first female arrived with a bad swim bladder, and the second was super shy and disappeared forever into hiding after 2 weeks. I think I've given up on those ladies. The male has done fantastic however.

Yes I am. I was really worried the first few days I had them, they were tiny and very lethargic. I just kept feeding like crazy and they all made it. However I dont think I will buy another fairy wrasse under 2 inches

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likewise on the 2"+. And I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me who struggled. :)

If my observations have been correct, you and I have the only lunatus DD actually sold. All the other ones which came up (another female trio, a single female, and another pair) had the listings pulled but were not marked as sold.

Last edited:

Eternal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just know they marked down the 2nd trio. I was thinking darn I could have saved some $$$.

I wonder where the others went?

Likewise on the 2"+. And I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me who struggled. :)

If my observations have been correct, you and I have the only lunatus DD actually sold. All the other ones which came up (another female trio, a single female, and another pair) had the listings pulled but were not marked as sold.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to pull the trigger on the second trio after the second price reduction, then they disappeared 2 days after. I inquired and was told one of them had a ripped fin and they'd be put back up after it healed. But they never came back... I was also told at that time they had 12 total, including 2 males. So by my count, 1 male and 8 females went unaccounted for.

I suspect they had difficulties with these too. I feel rather privileged to have a male in good condition.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to get a Female Eightline Flasher Wrasse. Should I get her and hope that she will turn into a male later? I am patient a year even 18 months would be fine

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to get a Female Eightline Flasher Wrasse. Should I get her and hope that she will turn into a male later?
Almost certain that it will, in time.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I seen picture of the male Eight line which is very impressive fish. I hope he will develope into a super male

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I did not pay an arm and a leg for this little gal, it is my hope that she will grow fast and change soon. At least sooner rather than later to a super male.

EightLineFlasher2018051001.jpg
EightLineFlasher2018051002.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just 2 weeks and mine color up a little already. I am going to try to take pictures at intervals and see if I can document the changes. Picture today, two weeks later.
eightlineflasher2018052309resized-jpg.751973

EightLineFlasher2018052301resized.jpg

Last edited:

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good eyes guys. Yep that is a lunatus female, I have a trio. The male is not very impressive yet, just needs some more time to grow.

Tile fish are awesome. They way they swim, kinda like slinking around. The purple tile fish is the best, you have to see it in person to appreciate them.
how long you have had tilefish for ?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice pics Orion, my new guy is a juvi male and i hope he gets to be as bright as yours.
Thanks.
For Flasher wrasse you have Juveniles that are unsexed then they become females, then develop and become males. There can’t be any juvenile male. Maybe you mean an initial phase male?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back