Fish Oil

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
184932E7-540F-4E1A-9F14-46EF9FB487A0.jpeg
Hello.

So I went to a pet store today and aside from buying the meds I need for my fish (one is suffering from bacterial infections as described in a thread I recently wrote), I bought food for my dogs and came across this: fish oil. I know this would be good for our fish when mixed with food so I bought it. I’m just wondering if EPA and DHA along with Vitamin E are beneficial for the fish? If they’re not beneficial nor harmful, might as well give it to the dogs. Also, I know that you have to “pop open” the capsule. How do you do that? Using a syringe? Many thanks.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
184932E7-540F-4E1A-9F14-46EF9FB487A0.jpeg
Hello.

So I went to a pet store today and aside from buying the meds I need for my fish (one is suffering from bacterial infections as described in a thread I recently wrote), I bought food for my dogs and came across this: fish oil. I know this would be good for our fish when mixed with food so I bought it. I’m just wondering if EPA and DHA along with Vitamin E are beneficial for the fish? If they’re not beneficial nor harmful, might as well give it to the dogs. Also, I know that you have to “pop open” the capsule. How do you do that? Using a syringe? Many thanks.
This was most likely made for dog/cat consumption (humans can too). Since it wasn’t made for fish, I wouldn’t go there just out of caution. Fish foods on the market now are specially formulated so that no actual supplementation would be needed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back