Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why are my fish only using half my tank fish are:
purple tang
powder blue tang
yellow wrasse
midas blenny
lemon peel angel
banded pipefish (only fish that uses the full tank)

Tank is 4ft 90 gallon

Dont wanna hear about need bigger tank for powder blue a 2 foot tank would be fine for this 1 as it stays on the right side of the tank

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much the same. Regal Blue swims all around but mostly stays on right side. Cinammon clown never leaves left corner area unless to eat. Regal Blue chases 6-line wrasse when it goes to left side of tank and makes it leave the area.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to me that’s something to do with aggression towards a reflection. Is the side they’re always on next to a white wall?

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to me that’s something to do with aggression towards a reflection. Is the side they’re always on next to a white wall?
no the side they dont go to is next to a white wall kinda not all the way next to 2 foot away or something like that

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much the same. Regal Blue swims all around but mostly stays on right side. Cinammon clown never leaves left corner area unless to eat. Regal Blue chases 6-line wrasse when it goes to left side of tank and makes it leave the area.
Sorry working at home. All fish stay on right side accept the Tang

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
adjust powerheads and flow?

Make it "uncomfortable" for them to hang out in the spot you dont like?
I dont mind them hanging out on the side they do was just wondering why they do it obv i would pref if they used all the tank

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why are my fish only using half my tank fish are:
purple tang
powder blue tang
yellow wrasse
midas blenny
lemon peel angel
banded pipefish (only fish that uses the full tank)

Tank is 4ft 90 gallon

Dont wanna hear about need bigger tank for powder blue a 2 foot tank would be fine for this 1 as it stays on the right side of the tank
I agree that is plenty of tank for the fish and it is strange they are only using one side. Can you post a good pic of the tank?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont mind them hanging out on the side they do was just wondering why they do it obv i would pref if they used all the tank
It’s probably something about flow but also maybe something is on the other side of the tank they don’t like or the tangs are keeping the others on that side.

Grumblez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish favor the left side partially I think because it gets less flow. Another thing I've found is that fish tend to stake a home wherever they are initially added. So I just put a royal Gramma in the less used right side of tank and that's his home sure enough.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could it be because i have no light yet on the left hand side i would have thought the fish would pref the side with no light

cocoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stray voltage from a bad device? May have some electricity in one corner, grounding to something also in that corner..? May not be enough to trip a gfci or for you to feel it, but bothers the fish..? Just a thought

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish favor the left side partially I think because it gets less flow. Another thing I've found is that fish tend to stake a home wherever they are initially added. So I just put a royal Gramma in the less used right side of tank and that's his home sure enough.
the side they are on has a mp40 the side they dont go has a mp10 (it fell down yesterday need to put it back up)

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stray voltage from a bad device? May have some electricity in one corner, grounding to something also in that corner..? May not be enough to trip a gfci or for you to feel it, but bothers the fish..? Just a thought
i have no wires in the tank i use cordless power heads

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they are afraid of the dark and don't like the side without light. :p

Maybe something spooking them on the other side unless a fish is on the opposite side screaming "get off my lawn!" at them.

Mine favor the side I sit closest to although they don't STAY on that side totally. They just beg for food.

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we see a pic of the tank? Possibly, flow, lighting, territorial fish, or do you just always feed them at that side?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This had me perplexed back in May, although my fish are left-sided fish. I talk about it HERE, and have no idea. I actually tried feeding on the far right, and they would dart over for the food, and swim back to the left.

AbdominalSnowman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yepp could that be it?
I don’t know for certain. I have noticed my fish tend to stay on one side in a 200 gallon tank. They get flow from both sides, plenty of places to hide, and no aggressive tank mates, so I just recently switched up the side that I feed on to see if that does the trick.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back