Fish or Inverts That You Would Never Have Again?

evilchef70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tang. Aggressive as heck.
Jeweled damsel- beautiful fish. Meaner than a snake
Pearlscale angel picky eater
Any damsel- all just get mean!
Lyre tail angel- don’t care what they say. Not reef safe. Beautiful fish. Ate 3 feet of Zoas in three days.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Chromis and damsels. Think after a month they own the tank and good luck trying to catch and remove them from tank

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels of any kind. After mine died after more than 10 years my tank was 100 times more peaceful.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermit crabs if you are trying to keep a snail cleanup crew going will be nothing but slow death for the snails. Darned hermits are terrorists.

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've owned many Coral beauties in past with no issues but one I had, chose to bite chunks out of my very expensive LPS and totaly leave my cheaper corals alone. Not sure if I would never own one again, "Well"...... at least not in a well stocked reef tank. LOL

Last edited:

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eel gobies are great when they are small cause they turn over your sand bed regulary. When they are adult , "Hope" your aquascaping does not come crashing into your living room floor because they removed all they sand under your supports, LOL. Also......Don't keep an electric catfish under your main tank display when the main tank gives way.......unless your like my wife says, why do you use a wire net to pick him all the time? Well...... I know you'll have a strong heart when you grow old.
Yep, it makes it pound real hard for quite some time, :eek:

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a problem with flame angels but purple tangs are demon seed. I still wouldn’t trade him for anything but my red dice shrimp are the fng worse. Always pulling food out of my corals. After 6 months of having them, they gotta go:mad:

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My octopus use to anchor to the top of canopy and swing rocks when seeing feeder bucket with crabs, would even stick two tenticals out top of canopy and shoot cups of water if I was to slow feeding him. He was an escape artist also, On my wedding day he decided to explore all the dust bunnies around the livingroom and when I found him, it was a breathing ball of fuzz till I rinsed and placed him back. :eek:

Last edited:

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine beta. That big old 6'' beast killed my bangai cardinal, diamond goby and blue line wrasse. It was a massacre and I had never seen anything like it. I had to get rid of him because I didn't want him killing the rest of my fish. I never thought I would have to get rid of him, he was very hardy and a very fun fish to watch eat.

BootyPup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I see everyone "bashing" pistol shrimp, specifically Tiger Pistols, meanwhile I am hand feeding mine... I just don't keep frags loose in the sand anymore after losing a few sweet zoa "colonies"

Lhall9187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely clown fish! Who would have known those little buggers would draw blood? All was well until the female took over, now shes very aggressive and even tries to jump out of the water if im near the surface.

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine beta. That big old 6'' beast killed my bangai cardinal, diamond goby and blue line wrasse. It was a massacre and I had never seen anything like it. I had to get rid of him because I didn't want him killing the rest of my fish. I never thought I would have to get rid of him, he was very hardy and a very fun fish to watch eat.
I'm sorry we found out that marine beta's are inverts that prey on invertebrate or all your little colorful fish like mine did.:(

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do they call dart fish that name, oh yeah, I forgot how many I picked up all dried up after darting onto floor committing suicide. I never startled them but never knew when they jumped. I've had many fish for a long time but was sad when finding how they suffered. I presently have two peculiar clowns for over 21 years and spoil them. I can't keep them in main display cause like all clowns, very territorial along with the RGBT anemones they live in stinging my corals.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine beta.

I kept one of these once. It was fantastic. In its own tank. :) Amazing hunter, it would curl up into a C shape, approaching the prey sideways with its big false eye keeping them from running, and then when it was close, WHAM! that fish was no more.

cmoore1167

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emerald crabs! I bought one that was fine then got another larger one. Large one ate half my zoanthids and nipped on devils hand for a long time. Then caught the small one ripping a strand off my torch coral. Torch caught brown jelly and thankfully saved it.

My six line has been fine so far and gets along with my midas blenny and lightening maroon clown

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might only have lucked out with my flame angel. I know I'll be flamed for this but I currently have a flame, x2 clowns, one velvet damsel, firefish and a purple firefish on my nuvo 20. If anything it was a good thing I purchased my flame. 1 the flame is now more of a referee and keeps everyone at bay specially my velvet. 2 My once algae infested back wall is now black again thanks to my flame (Snails that I've had didn't even put a dent regarding algae) . For some reason, flame doesn't like nori sheets. Tank gets fed before and after work daily. I do somewhat regret both firefish due to both fishes only coming out for food. They both do a good job being a lookout for my pistol shrimp though.

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I see everyone "bashing" pistol shrimp, specifically Tiger Pistols, meanwhile I am hand feeding mine... I just don't keep frags loose in the sand anymore after losing a few sweet zoa "colonies"

I haven’t seen mine in a while actually. I just see small corals on plugs go missing from my sandbed occasionally lol

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely clown fish! Who would have known those little buggers would draw blood? All was well until the female took over, now shes very aggressive and even tries to jump out of the water if im near the surface.
+1 on this. There was a post awhile back where a clown bit the owner in the eye when he opened the tank to feed the fish. Bit him on his eye :eek:

Back