Fish or Inverts That You Would Never Have Again?

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on this. There was a post awhile back where a clown bit the owner in the eye when he opened the tank to feed the fish. Bit him on his eye :eek:

:D That’s actually kinda funny in a dark humor kind of way :D:D:D:rolleyes:;Blackeye

I actually lol’d

SmokeyNite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my clownfish for about 8 years. Only a few weeks ago did the female die. :( They only got aggressive when a fish came near their corner. My fox face, however, he's gotta go. He's huge and scares the crap out of my firefish and diamond goby. I swore I'd never get another six line, but for some reason I just can't resist them. I've had to dismantle my rock 3 times in order to catch the dang things and return it, only to get a new one hoping that he'll be friendlier than the last one. This one hasn't been too bad.....yet.

showey472

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say pulsing xenia. The LFS had a nice little rock with 3 on it and said to put it out in the sand not touching anything and they would be fine. They forgot to mention that it is basically the dandelion of the sea. Now have 29 gallon xenia farm.

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angel!!!!!!!!!! I knew there was a risk going into my reef tank but had seen dozens in person and have friends with no issues............. I got the 1 that loved LPS, specially expensive rainbow acans. He whipped out my LPS. I recently moved so he was pulled from tank and will never try any angel or (WITH RISK) fish again.
Same! Love that fish. Hate that he killed my Wilsoni. I’m in the process of catching it now. Not easy.

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading much of this thread in horror I'm thinking of designing a shock collar to control bully fish and inverts. Nothing dangerous, mind you. One that would deliver a gentle current to discourage cruelty and random, indiscriminate feeding among these animals. Then hire teenagers to watch my DT day and night and punish all nasty behavior. For the kids it'd be like watching a 3-D video game but they would get paid for playing. Instinctively, everyone loves an underdog. This device would sell. It would allow us to buy any livestock we wanted to and simply add it to our reef!

You know, if we didn't complain about all of this bloody aggression but fondly enjoyed its brutality the State would quickly prohibit all marine community tanks, as is the case with ****-fighing. So keep posting these horror stories, reefers! In the long run we're all better off by publishing your nasty losses.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tailspot Blenny....placed in my nano...after a week of hiding in rocks it came out and nested on one of my 3 scolys, which at first I thought was cute. Two days later the scoly was stressed and I could see some of the skeleton. Didn't put 2 & 2 together until a few days later second scoly was stressed and I saw a string of poop stuck to the blenny the same color as the scoly. All 3 scoly were placed in my main and the 2 made a full recovery. The Blenny, not so much...made a trap from a water bottle and it went down the toilet.
I just screamed a little. Lol

Belgian Anthias

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shortspine urchin. Ate the silicone out of the corners of the tank (trying to get to algae I assume).

At least it was a cheap 55g, but I’ll never get another one, especially with a rimless tank.
That is why a quality silicon tank has small glass strips glued over the corners.

Belgian Anthias

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tailspot Blenny....placed in my nano...after a week of hiding in rocks it came out and nested on one of my 3 scolys, which at first I thought was cute. Two days later the scoly was stressed and I could see some of the skeleton. Didn't put 2 & 2 together until a few days later second scoly was stressed and I saw a string of poop stuck to the blenny the same color as the scoly. All 3 scoly were placed in my main and the 2 made a full recovery. The Blenny, not so much...made a trap from a water bottle and it went down the toilet.
I hope it was only the bottle!?

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same! Love that fish. Hate that he killed my Wilsoni. I’m in the process of catching it now. Not easy.

I borrowed a trap from my buddy and only took 48hrs before I caught mine.
Flame in Jail.jpg

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the remote past, 15 years ago, I have a Sixline pair and Mandarin pair in a 420. All four fishes (Sixline and Mandarin) coexisted for at least 1 year, and were spawning regularly in my tank. One day the Sixline pair attacked the female Mandarin. The attack last about 15 second and happened right in front of my eyes. Over so quickly that I cannot do anything about it. The wrasse took one pass each, one go for the R eye and the other one go for the L eye of the female Mandarin. After that they completely ignored the blinded Mandarin, and her mate. She starved and become emaciated. There was no hope of recovery, I euthanized her after 2 weeks. I was lucky enough to caught the two Sixline and traded them in for another female Mandarin.

It is all instinct, but it seem to be instinct from Satan-Spawned fish for me. I vowed never put another Sixline wrasse into my tank again, even for free.

1 million percent agree with you on the sixline. If anyone is reading about this, the one single fish that you DO NOT want to add to your tank is a sixline wrasse. I honestly think that it would take down a freaking grouper. You definitely won't have harmony long in your tank with one in it.

Mine jumped and I was so happy that he did. I couldn't catch it because it was much more smarter than I am and I wasn't gonna breakdown the tank to do so.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple tip Condy. Moves around in my tank between two spots but along the way he feels the need to climb on my neon green hammer. And my euphilia seems to thrive in the lower middle of the tank where I have it placed so I can’t even move it

Sorcha2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urchin. I think they are amazing but can't seem to keep them alive for anything.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back