Fish or Inverts That You Would Never Have Again?

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D That’s actually kinda funny in a dark humor kind of way :D:D:D:rolleyes:;Blackeye

I actually lol’d
The clownfish had a Joe Pesci moment:

clown2.gif

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely on my list to never have again for a combo of aggression and coral nipping. My Coral Beauty has been much better behaved than my Flame Angel was.

My list:

Flame Angel (aggressive butthead and coral nipper)
Solar Fairy Wrasse (aggressive butthead)
Firefish/Dartfish (way too much time hiding)
Clownfish (aggressive butthead)
Mandarinfish (too much hassle to keep up with it's dietary needs)
Yellow Tang (aggressive butthead)

Dang, just added a Solar Fairy Wrasse to the tank a few days ago. Seems so docile, but he's still settling in. I kind of wanted him to get a little aggressive, my female clown (also on your list) acts she owns the tank. I assume to decided to fight back because she no longer messes with him.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow coris wrasse. You look at it wrong and it gets scared and runs. Suicidal fish was saved from the floor 6 times after finding a way thru top grate. Disappeared for 4 months and I knew he was dead, until one day he decided to awaken from hibernation. He finally shriveled and died when he decided to jump when no one was around.

i just added a yellow coris, beautiful but now i feel i have to tip toe around the tank, those things are so skiddish, even cleaning the glass with a mag cleaner send the bugger diving for sand hills

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's amazing the different experience people have with the same species. One mentioned that I have and love is the emerald crab, I don't down play the problems they have caused but mine are awesome. For species I wont own anymore is the peperment shrimp. Tore up my plate and trachy.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just added a yellow coris, beautiful but now i feel i have to tip toe around the tank, those things are so skiddish, even cleaning the glass with a mag cleaner send the bugger diving for sand hills

When young mine would just goes nuts and would hear him hitting the top of my canopy. Now that he's mature has a green/red face, he's much less skiddish and even hangs out when I clean the tank. A great fish

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEON DOTTYBACK! I went through 3 cleaner shrimp before I figured out what was going on. He would slide up to them and pluck out one eye at a time, and then swim off. Never ate them, never picked, just plucked off their eyes.

Brianv532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Falco’s Hawkfish. Chased several fish to death, picked the legs off an arrow crab, and would stare me down laughing about it all. We named him ‘The Savage”. He went back to the LFS after a year of murderous rampaging.

larisa Raykh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermit crabs. They kill snails so fast! Any jumpers like wrasses, only a matter of time until I finds them on the floor, linkea star, knocks everything over, large snails are PITA too but I keep them .

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermit crabs. They kill snails so fast! Any jumpers like wrasses, only a matter of time until I finds them on the floor, linkea star, knocks everything over, large snails are PITA too but I keep them .

Second the hermit crabs being a pain. I’m going to stop replacing mine, wait for them to all die and switch to snails only.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiny ‘nemo’ pair, growing up attacking SPS until they had them loose and throwing to sand. I’d reglue and they’d remove. Re-homed to someone else along with their nem. Crabs, terrors on claws always stealing food from LPS and the narcissus snails who weren’t so nice. Only trochius from now on.

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Velvet Damsel which seemed docile when it was young but as it grew older it terrorized or killed most of the fish in my tank.
Became so ornery and territorial that it would knock down new frags which I hadn't fastened.
It was a joyous day when I finally caught him.

Eddie Rogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Goby! Cool fish great personality but would stare at me as he burried my rocks with zoa’s on them and my acans in sand. It’s was like a game I watched him burry them he would laugh at me as I cleaned them off. My daughter was mad when I took Mr. Sandman back to the fish store.

SmokeyNite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always loved my diamond gobies. I love watching them pick up snails and move them around. I can just imagine the snail going "what the heck?? why am I moving so fast???!!!"

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow / gold head sleeper goby. Never again. Every single day that thing would cover my entire tank in sand. I finally was able to catch him with a hook. I was so happy I screamed like a little girl.

dsh92056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Favorite and least Favorite fish of all Blue dot Jawfish. Loved his coloring and watching him, but hated that he spit sand all over the corals on the bottom of the tank killing a few of them. He jumped unbeknownst to me while doing a water change months back. won't get another one.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I borrowed a trap from my buddy and only took 48hrs before I caught mine.
Flame in Jail.jpg
Love that trap!
Used it 4 times so far.

Drilled another feeding hole closer to the back. That worked great.
The most skittish fish is always the one I needed to catch.

I also got better about accepting multiple fish in the trap and scooping out the 'departing' fish by hand.

Keep in mind this is strictly a food trap.
If the target fish isn't eating near first 50% in line, you will still be ripping apart the rocks.
Sick fish may be better treated with 'plex and focus if you don't have a quarantine tank.

The last round to catch a pygmy angelfish took 4 days. A 3rd of the fish were not eating during this because they refused to go into the trap for food.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back