Fish or inverts to clean below the sand surface?

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25% of the reason I’m planning a 120 by February is urchin...

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never come across one for sale in a store or online. Any suggestions where to purchase?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would the diamond goby get along with other fish? Bought a purple pseudochromis couple months ago and ended up being the bully of the tank and had to remove it. Since when ive been worried about adding any fish
Mine has gotten along fine with everyone in my tank. The only problem I could imagine is if you had other gobies.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has gotten along fine with everyone in my tank. The only problem I could imagine is if you had other gobies.
I have a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby that's buddy buddy with a pistol shrimp. They hang out in the back of the tank tho

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure on that then

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a diamond watchman, I have narsaarus snails, I have urchins, I have everything except the conch.
My watchman tears up my sandbed. But he doesn’t get to the side of the glass every where all the time

cobast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you all siphon clean your sand bed when you do your water changes? When I first started a million years ago I was told this was the best way to ensure there was minimal build up of crud and have always been doing it. Yes, I do also have sand sifters and various other snails to help.
Is the siphoning with a 'gravel vacuum' not the go?

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't. It is a good practice to have if you do water changes. I don't do and haven't done a water change in 8 months. So I rely on the sand sifters to rotate my sand

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you all siphon clean your sand bed when you do your water changes? When I first started a million years ago I was told this was the best way to ensure there was minimal build up of crud and have always been doing it. Yes, I do also have sand sifters and various other snails to help.
Is the siphoning with a 'gravel vacuum' not the go?
I disturb the sandbed alittle nothing crazy. literally just the top layer. I use a turkey baster to get particles suspend in the water column then suck it out

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am one of those old school sand vacuumers. PITA, but at 150 total system volume, I don't have an ocean to dilute the nastiness I have seen grow in there. But I respect that others manage differently than I do, and with success.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back