OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this thread is about is helping new reefers save there money on frivolous snake water products and do research into what a reef really needs to be successful.

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about this stuff?
C4F611A8-AEF6-4BDF-B000-F8156BC0D032.png

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N
Dude you would be rich and all the newbies would flock to buy it because someone said it worked on there tank. Now nothing against new reefers we all started somewhere and it was a example that seems to ring true time and after time
No kidding, start selling them sand!

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time has proven they do better especially for reef crest corals.
Does the ocean have a bare bottom or there sand? I cant argue with whomever created the ocean can you? Does your tank have huge massive waves like the ocean?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the ocean have a bare bottom or there sand? I cant argue with whomever created the ocean can you? Does your tank have huge massive waves like the ocean?
Reef crest don’t have sand, they are rock bottom mostly. You trying to make the whole ocean in your living room, lol?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude you would be rich and all the newbies would flock to buy it because someone said it worked on there tank. Now nothing against new reefers we all started somewhere and it was a example that seems to ring true time and after time
You said it worked, so I think I will do this. I could fund the next upgrade. :)

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish poo is the magic sauce .....everything else just cost you money. How do you know your coral is getting any benefit from spot feeding him all the pre-made concoctions? Oh yes he eats it but does he get anything out of it or does the coral just expells it later at night when your dreaming about next Tank Build???
Through all of this, and it's highly entertaining vs the usual ....
Either you have duped me or I agree with your methodology most part. My corals now get nothing other than your 'fish poop ' and a thrice weekly dose of live phyto, because it doesn't foul the water and the zooanthylae appreciate it. Reef Roids are now a distant memory.
And to be especially real with you, 90 g system, no sump, no canister. Live rock and (occasionally) a skimmer.... pics as requested. All softies so don't shoot me that way. Maybe we meet at the border of Port Huron and Sarnia (grew up there) , Bluewater Bridges, discuss and trade ;)

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Through all of this, and it's highly entertaining vs the usual ....
Either you have duped me or I agree with your methodology most part. My corals now get nothing other than your 'fish poop ' and a thrice weekly dose of live phyto, because it doesn't foul the water and the zooanthylae appreciate it. Reef Roids are now a distant memory.
And to be especially real with you, 90 g system, no sump, no canister. Live rock and (occasionally) a skimmer.... pics as requested. All softies so don't shoot me that way. Maybe we meet at the border of Port Huron and Sarnia (grew up there) , Bluewater Bridges, discuss and trade ;)
Just trying have open discussions

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many was to setup and run a reef guys. I am only pointing out what you really don't need to be successful and most of that would be botttles of elixers sold that are mostly just rodi water....test them yourself

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started keeping coral the only thing we had to feed them was blended up seafood and that worked alot better than 99 percent of the poop thats on the shelves at LFS now. But seriously our tanks are capable of recycling carbon without livestock besides coral microfauna will fill that void. And bare bottom are fine with good flow and filtration not my preference but to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back