Fish re-introduction if main DT is completely drained

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

if i move fish to QT - for 14 days (copper [email protected]), and then completely drain the main DT, when can i add the fish back to DT? Usually the conversations i see are around going fallow in DT for 76 days or 45 days... however, if i just empty the DT and maybe just give a good rinse with chlorox or something like that, can i reintroduce fish after they are done with their treatment?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

if i move fish to QT - for 14 days (copper [email protected]), and then completely drain the main DT, when can i add the fish back to DT? Usually the conversations i see are around going fallow in DT for 76 days or 45 days... however, if i just empty the DT and maybe just give a good rinse with chlorox or something like that, can i reintroduce fish after they are done with their treatment?
Recycle new tank and use bacteria such as micro bacter XLM and monitor ammonia and nitrate
When ammonia bottoms out and nitrate 20 or less - you’re good to go
Run copper full 30days at therapeutic level 2.5

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given how long it can take to stabilize a new tank, and how long copper takes, (really needs 30 days) you are almost at the short fallow time. I’d consider just running fallow. If you don’t have inverts in the tank you could also go hyposalinity (assuming you are dealing with ich). If you have inverts, they can carry parasites, so you need to fallow them though.
Jay

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back