Fish Recommendations for a 20 Gallon

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 20 gallon with a sixline and a percula clown. i want to add one more fish that has a good personality that is a rock percher or spends most of its time on the sand bed. any recommedations????

OP
OP
b0bby1

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what i was thinkin should have put that in my first post. but any recommendations on a certain type of goby or blenny? certain ones i should stay away from??

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may have a problem with the six line beating up any new fish, so i might go with a sand dwelliing goby, yellow watchmen are pretty good ones, not expensive and pretty available.

OP
OP
b0bby1

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my sixline is very calm, him and the clown actually swim together as a pair. i don't really want a watchman though, everyone has them. price is really not an object, i just want something that is not seen as much. anyone have a redheaded goby???

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though your six line seems peaceful when you add a new fish you might be surprised! Just watch out.

Green bandeds are really cool - but I would get 2. Also wheelers watchman gobies are cool. Nice color and cool personality. Gobies are cool little fish. Red heads are also neat fish - with nice color variation.

let us know what you decide.

OP
OP
b0bby1

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you think i can fit two small gobies since their bioload is so small? i was thinking of a wheelers watchman goby with a tiger pistol shrimp or a yashia haze goby with a randalli pistol shrimp and maybe a redheaded goby. what do the green striped gobies look like???

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a skimmer??? How often are you changing the water??? I think the 2 fish is enough for the 20 gal if you are keeping corals. Maybe add a shrimp??? They will help clean the tank

OP
OP
b0bby1

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a cleaner shrimp. no skimmer weekly 2 gallon water changes. i think im only gonna add one fish instead of two. i used to have 3 but gave one away.

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with no skimmer or fuge i would stick with one fish. I had 5 in my 20g and i ended up with all sorts of alge, even with a skimmer and fuge.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF you can get them I would go with a pair of Yasha gobies and a pistol shrimp. That would be a really interesting combination.......

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back