Fish Room / Reef Room / Filtration Room Tours

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just wanted to share a video tour of a rather cool filtration room I found on YouTube. This guy turned his crawl space into a fish room and turned out pretty cool. Feel free to share any similar videos/photos here if you’re aware of any or even have your own!

I’m searching for inspiration on my own filtration room and thought this was too good not to share!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laminate floor and a rolling stool would definitely be a must! (since you'll be in a seating position 99% of the time) Interesting take instead of the usual storage!

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Laminate floor and a rolling stool would definitely be a must! (since you'll be in a seating position 99% of the time) Interesting take instead of the usual storage!
I’d agree!

Fortunately my space isn’t a crawl space, but still I thought this was inspiration worthy. This guy is pretty crafty with his storage and organization.

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230319_191727.jpg

Very small space here. 40x40 closet under the stairs Harry Potter style. The DT will be on the other side of the wall behind the saltwater and RODI tanks. Lines for ATO, AWC, Kalk and CaRX go through the wall. Gonna squeeze in a QT tank and may build a controller cabinet for all the stuff.

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20230319_191727.jpg

Very small space here. 40x40 closet under the stairs Harry Potter style. The DT will be on the other side of the wall behind the saltwater and RODI tanks. Lines for ATO, AWC, Kalk and CaRX go through the wall. Gonna squeeze in a QT tank and may build a controller cabinet for all the stuff.
Nice use of a small space as well!

I’m building an in wall tank and want to have all the wires and pipes organized and accessible so I can easily do routine maintenance on the equipment without having to untangle a rats nest and remove equipment I’m not servicing.

Unfortunately even with a lot of space it quickly becomes a tangled mess because of so many wire and pipe connections.

Luckily I’m building the space starting from a concrete box (my basement) so im trying to strategically place outlets and cable/pipe management where I’ll need them to be but it’s still challenging to plan!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back