Fish rubbing/scratching in QT

Zatai41

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI

I have been running QT with Copper power (1.75PPM) for the past 5days.
Its a 45G tank with 3 wrases, 1 Coral beaty, 1 damsel, and small Kole Tang. No Detectable Ammonia ( with badge).

I noticed almost all my fish some time rubs/Scratch against PVC or the Power heads, I did fresh water dip the angel & did notice a flatworm (?). Its the only Fish I dipped.

The QT has a HOB Skimmer (with out the cup , just to oxygenate the water), HOP filter & Pond Metrix for bio filter.
I will be moving the fishes on the 18th (in 9days) to a sterile tank.

They are all still eating (food soaked in metro+focus & selcon) , should I dip all the fish or dose Prazipro ? ( tank is already @1.75 Copper Power)

Thanks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI

I have been running QT with Copper power (1.75PPM) for the past 5days.
Its a 45G tank with 3 wrases, 1 Coral beaty, 1 damsel, and small Kole Tang. No Detectable Ammonia ( with badge).

I noticed almost all my fish some time rubs/Scratch against PVC or the Power heads, I did fresh water dip the angel & did notice a flatworm (?). Its the only Fish I dipped.

The QT has a HOB Skimmer (with out the cup , just to oxygenate the water), HOP filter & Pond Metrix for bio filter.
I will be moving the fishes on the 18th (in 9days) to a sterile tank.

They are all still eating (food soaked in metro+focus & selcon) , should I dip all the fish or dose Prazipro ? ( tank is already @1.75 Copper Power)

Thanks
If your tank has a heavy flukes infestation, you can dose General Cure during copper. I would advise against using prazipro during copper unless its an absolute emergency because of the risk for bacterial bloom.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank has a heavy flukes infestation, you can dose General Cure during copper. I would advise against using prazipro during copper unless its an absolute emergency because of the risk for bacterial bloom.

+1

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hate to revive an old thread. same issue. powder blue, olive, kole and purple tang in QT on 1/17/20. copper raised to 2.0 and holding on 1/22/20. did a 5 gallon water change with coppered water today. QT is 40 gallons. feeding mysis, with silicon and metroplex. fish doing well. TODay i noticed the olive and purple flashing a bit on the PVC. not that big a deal, but never noticed before. same recommendation as above?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back