Fish showing signs of ich but going on vacation

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV units are less effective in existing parasites whereas it can prevent new ones cycles. I’ve will be effective and kill bacteria and algae but known to kill ich or velvet in it’s pretty-existing form.
it is also not feasible for many to spend $200-400 on a unit plus pump when saving for a vacation hence the recommendations given.
I stupidly bought a PBT knowing it would be a mistake from the particular store and had a tank of velvet within 5 days.
Polyp Lab Medic cleared it in 3-4 days and I Never had a reoccurrence and it’s been 2 years and happened when no UV Unit was present. Fir the future, I would agree with addition of a UV unit once issue is under control

Well I always keep emergency funds for my animals... mostly for unforeseen vet bills with my furry critters. I can’t say I have used polyp lab but my guess it is sometimes works and sometimes fails like all reef safe meds. I am sure a lot has to do with the condition of the existing fish and maybe even the microbes in the tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well I always keep emergency funds for my animals... mostly for unforeseen vet bills with my furry critters. I can’t say I have used polyp lab but my guess it is sometimes works and sometimes fails like all reef safe meds. I am sure a lot has to do with the condition of the existing fish and maybe even the microbes in the tank.
I too have a plan each payday :

costs.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back