Fish Stocking Help

kalebos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have a 29 gallon long tank. I am currently cycling it and will be ready to add fish (and coral) soon. I plan on adding 2 clowns, 1 six line wrasse, 1 royal gramma, either a (tailspot or bicolor) blenny or a goby of some sort, and a skunk cleaner shrimp.

Is there a specific order in which I should add fish to my tank? Would a watchman goby/pistol shrimp work in this community? Also, would this list of fish exceed my tank capacity or could it work so long as I patiently space out the time between adding new fish?

Thank you for your help guys! This is my first tank and reef2reef has been an awesome source for advice!

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a new tank a couple of fish at a time is wise, allowing your biologicals filtration to stabilize without a period of overload. Ideally, give it a month between additions. I agree with a 6line last. If you have a cover for the tank there are other beautiful wrasses that are less aggressive.

OP
OP
K

kalebos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a new tank a couple of fish at a time is wise, allowing your biologicals filtration to stabilize without a period of overload. Ideally, give it a month between additions. I agree with a 6line last. If you have a cover for the tank there are other beautiful wrasses that are less aggressive.
I do not have a lid. I could get one though. Do you have any suggestions instead of a wrasse that eats pests and is good community fish but isn't known for jumping?

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 lines are jerks. Maybe a long nose hawlks fish. Scooter blennys are my favorite fish along with clown. Could get a dotty back. Blue green chromis are cool but a schooling fish o get 3 min. Just some suggestion. Personally I roll the dice and no lid it. But have had to toss a fish or two back in the tank. No fatalities thankfully

OP
OP
K

kalebos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 lines are jerks. Maybe a long nose hawlks fish. Scooter blennys are my favorite fish along with clown. Could get a dotty back. Blue green chromis are cool but a schooling fish o get 3 min. Just some suggestion. Personally I roll the dice and no lid it. But have had to toss a fish or two back in the tank. No fatalities thankfully
Thanks for your help/suggestions! I'll check them out.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy fishing
cat fishing GIF

FrioActual

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have a 29 gallon long tank. I am currently cycling it and will be ready to add fish (and coral) soon. I plan on adding 2 clowns, 1 six line wrasse, 1 royal gramma, either a (tailspot or bicolor) blenny or a goby of some sort, and a skunk cleaner shrimp.

Is there a specific order in which I should add fish to my tank? Would a watchman goby/pistol shrimp work in this community? Also, would this list of fish exceed my tank capacity or could it work so long as I patiently space out the time between adding new fish?

Thank you for your help guys! This is my first tank and reef2reef has been an awesome source for advice!
Add the 2 clown fish first as they are extremely hardy. Then onto the gramma, goby next and then blenny. Be sure that the goby and blenny are not of the same size and color as this can lead to aggression. Shrimp next with plenty of hiding spots, wrasse lasts. With all this said you are well above your capacity so you will need over filtration.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back