a96ae105e50322c6281cd89d891f2442.jpg
Thinking about trying some Acro but kind of nervous Hahahah and maybe a nem

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to stop by and see usernam invalid ( TJM Corals) on Saturday. I was very impressed with his set up and the amount of corals to choose from. I agree with NS Mike D on being the best selection of corals I have witnessed as well. Picked up 3 nice frags that are already doing great in my tank and he threw in some freebees... thanks Jay! I will definitely be back.

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to stop by and see usernam invalid ( TJM Corals) on Saturday. I was very impressed with his set up and the amount of corals to choose from. I agree with NS Mike D on being the best selection of corals I have witnessed as well. Picked up 3 nice frags that are already doing great in my tank and he threw in some freebees... thanks Jay! I will definitely be back.

John It was my pleasure having you over and thank you welcome to come by anytime.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a ride out to Advanced Marine Aquatics and Nick was awesome to talk too. place is really nice and clean, fish looked healthy. Nick said they use Cupermine and Prazi on all fish.. I was looking to get some anthia fish and was told to stop by next Saturday as they were getting a new shipment. So How can you really QT fish if they going out the door so fast. But besides that, like i said fish and corals looked great and can't wait till next week to pick up my fish.

treefs83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up to those who purchase high end “named corals” from usernam invalid. They aren’t actually what they are just look alike. He purchases wild colonies from advanced marine aquatics and passes them off as reef raft, and other named corals.

They are beautiful corals just don’t call them what they aren’t.

No disrespect Jay but if people are paying you for corals they think they are getting they should be getting the real thing.

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up to those who purchase high end “named corals” from usernam invalid. They aren’t actually what they are just look alike. He purchases wild colonies from advanced marine aquatics and passes them off as reef raft, and other named corals.

No disrespect Jay but if people are paying you for corals they think they are getting they should be getting the real thing.

Nice first post, welcome to the forum.

Exactly which frags are you accusing me of passing off as “named corals” that aren’t what I say they are. Considering a large amount of my colonies in my grow out system I have had longer than advanced has been in business find Your statement amusing. Yes I have purchased colonies from advanced in the past never said I haven’t. Secondly if I was just buy all my colonies from him and than chopping them up than why would there be a display rack in his sps tank with many of my frags.

Since this is your first post on the forum not sure exactly who you are or if have something personal against me but feel your claims are completely false. It’s a free country and everyone is free to be able to have a opinion.

If there is anyone that feels I have falsely claimed a frag is something other that what you believe it to be. Feel free to contact me and can work something out.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is absolutely ridiculous! I’ve bought from @usernam invalid about 5 Times now. Each time I go there never once had jay pitched anything as high end. I can tell you from shopping around that what I spend at tjm corals I walk away with 5 0r 6 heathly large frags. In any of the LFS I would be paying double that! That fact you made that comment leads me to believe you never actually bought from him, because if you did you would know his prices are more than far if not he’s selling himself short at times. I’ve personally seen his grow out system and it’s one of the nicest tanks I’ve seen in person. He has colonies that are well established and years old. In fact I haven’t bought a coral at a LFS since I met jay and don’t intend to anytime soon. So like he said stop hiding behind your keyboard and if you have a problem tell him who you are and what your problem is and I’m sure he will do right. But something tells me that won’t hsppen.

For everyone else I hope you don’t let one person steer you away from tjm corals. Jay is a top notch business man and will even tell you to reach out if you have any problems with a purchase. As for me I’ve bought from him quite a few times now and never once have I lost a thing.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay has a lot of beautiful pieces.

I admit, the SPS I got from him a while ago all died after about 3-4 months (all my other SPS are doing great). I don't know what happened and I am not putting the blame on Jay. His prices are fair and nice pieces for sure. He was very modest when I met up with him and did not push anything on me with sales pitches either.

Last edited:

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unbelievable! Nice first post. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience purchasing corals from Jay. The selection is outstanding and I know I paid less than if I was to buy from an LFS. Everything is doing great in my tank.

Too bad the Rainbow Plate Coral was out of my price range. But
I'm happy with this little guy.
XjYIH9gm.jpg

For what I paid for these I know I would only get maybe 4 polyps at the LFS.
csUVlpXm.jpg

This Digitata came loose from where I mounted it and fell below onto the
Rock Nem. I thought it was a goner when I found it in the morning, it looked bad.
A few weeks later and it's doing great again.
rYDZThHm.jpg

Thanks for the freebee Jay! This picture doesn't do the Zoas justice, the colors are more
vibrant in person. This frag is towards the back of the tank so I had to zoom in, that's why the bad quality.
2iRgYYbm.jpg

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno, if I was passing off generic corals as brand, my prices would reflect that as to not raise suspicions. If true, he's a lousy con man.

I certainly hope this is a misunderstanding, like treefs83 heard Jay buys colonies from Nick - which is true - and then jumped to conclusion that it meant that he was passing them off a brand names. Even so, it would be much better if one made sure this were true and reached out to Jay directly before making a public accusation.

I don't buy high end corals so this doesn't affect me. I picked up very nice corals from Jay, he made no representations that they were anything but hearty corals the should do well in my tank, told me if there was any issues when I put them in my tank to call him and charged a very reasonable fee. I have every intention to get more from him later in the year.

reefaland310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno, if I was passing off generic corals as brand, my prices would reflect that as to not raise suspicions. If true, he's a lousy con man.

I certainly hope this is a misunderstanding, like treefs83 heard Jay buys colonies from Nick - which is true - and then jumped to conclusion that it meant that he was passing them off a brand names. Even so, it would be much better if one made sure this were true and reached out to Jay directly before making a public accusation.

I don't buy high end corals so this doesn't affect me. I picked up very nice corals from Jay, he made no representations that they were anything but hearty corals the should do well in my tank, told me if there was any issues when I put them in my tank to call him and charged a very reasonable fee. I have every intention to get more from him later in the year.

+1 Jay is a very honest reputable man and I have nothing but good things to say about him and his corals

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost a store yesterday. Magic isle in centereach burned down and everything looks like it was a total loss.

TomLi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 For jay he has been nothing but honest on everything he does and is beyond helpful answers a million questions great pricing really a good guy

fightingfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the love guys it’s very much appreciated.

Hope to see everyone at the LIRA frag swap next Saturday.

Jay

LIRA Frag Swap 4/21/18
https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/LIRA-Frag-Swap-4-21-18.374911/

e669390f7f32dff1ad4668f7d450746b.jpg

I’m brand new to the hobby, and recently procured a 60gal cube, but need a whole lot of other gear to get it running (pumps, lights, ato, RODI, etc). Will there be venders selling gear there?

I’m super psyched to check out my first frag meet!

TomLi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay is def the guys for corals no other way to put that and pleasure to deal with.

But back to local fish stores I was able to meet Ryan from island fish and scale at the lira frag swap and told him I had a pretty lenghtly list of fish I was looking for after a velvet out break In my tank He has really been awesome to pick up fish from and really cares about what he’s selling you and will do a full quarintine process where that fish can be put into your tank disease free!!!!!!!

I had lost half of fish to an outbreak and was really ticked from a local store fish pick up which was eventually bound to happen.

He runs a very small operation in Commack so if you’ve never dealt with him your not going see a huge store with 40 tanks he might have 15 total. But I can say for fish if you do you be very happy and prob won’t go anywhere else for fish

Personally it means a lot when someone cares about what being sold you and I think that’s why jay gets some much praise on here also from people they both care about what there doing and want what they sell you to thrive in your display and live.

Sorry for the rant but they both deserve it.

-Tom

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than online or walking over to Mutts and Butts are there any decent options for a some pods and phyto to seed my ten gallon nano in my area. The Merrick/Bellmore has me surrounded by pet stores without marine service worth mentioning other than M&B.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back