Fish stores in the Long Island area

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Advanced Marine sell tanks and equipment?

they don't have any in store (That I know of), but they should be able to order what you want.
---

I went to Aquarium Village this afternoon, and the employee was locking the door. I asked if they were closing, he said "I'll be right back" and walked off to Dunkin Donuts. he expected me to wait for him in the 90 degree heat while he gets himself an iced coffee? He walked off before I could even ask if they had live worms- whole reason why I went there.

Sorry. I didn't wait. I went to Pets Warehouse.

I've been a customer to Aquarium Village for many years. Lately their quality in live stock and customer service is on the decline :( I hope they pick that up again

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like FishLife in Huntington Station is closed.
I'm not surprised. Last time I was there the two frag tanks were in bad shape. One had a Bubble Algae and the other was overrun by Xenia and I mean a lot of it, it was all over the tank that you couldn't even see the frags on the racks. Sad because I picked up some nice frags from that shop when it was in better shape.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic Isle's web site says 'new location': http://www.magicislepets.com/

Can anyone tell me the best in Brooklynn, Queens, and Suffolk, to check out?

The Summer is here and I might as take a look in the slow season.

Blureef on Flatbush Av is nice. They have some nice wrasses also prices are not bad

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad experience at Pets Warehouse. Picked up a pair of clowns and a firefish. Firefish was loaded down with velvet and died in QT tank. Went back and the entire tank of firefish had 3 left. I felt that maybe I could save one and do a FW and acriflavine dip followed by copper but unfortunately firefish didn’t make it.... really upsetting

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lately I have been to 4 lfs in Nassau county and they each have fish with signs of velvet in their tanks some extremely bad. Even though I do a full qt, I'm still hesitant to buy anything.
That’s horrible, I tried to treat the one guy the best I could in the QT but couldn’t get him healthy enough... sucks. Im just wondering if I am going to have to stock the tank up off online stores, which I am not too found of either.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad experience at Pets Warehouse. Picked up a pair of clowns and a firefish. Firefish was loaded down with velvet and died in QT tank. Went back and the entire tank of firefish had 3 left. I felt that maybe I could save one and do a FW and acriflavine dip followed by copper but unfortunately firefish didn’t make it.... really upsetting

Which pets warehouse? The one in Copaige and Carle Place is healthy and clean- talking of the one in Selden?

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed that the fish in Pets Warehouse in Copiage have not been looking good for a while. When I see fish looking docile and breathing hard, I don't even look anymore. Just looks like bad fish keeping. They have nice fish too but wouldn't trust it.

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed that the fish in Pets Warehouse in Copiage have not been looking good for a while. When I see fish looking docile and breathing hard, I don't even look anymore. Just looks like bad fish keeping. They have nice fish too but wouldn't trust it.
Sucks , used to be my go to place back when I was in the hobby over 10 yrs ago. Any places good close to 11758?

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I was just there in Copiage. Though they did not have a big selection as usual, the tanks were mostly empty which I found strange. I guess running into trouble happens.

I second Advanced Marine Aquatics- amazing people and fish

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There's been settled dust and a film in several of the tanks in the first row of marine animals at Copiague when I go on Sundays for some time now. While the planted section has been good and gotten better their marine section seems to go through tear downs a lot. However on the plus side the cheap corals I got from them were priced very competitively and the advice has been reasonable, helpful .

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's been settled dust and a film in several of the tanks in the first row of marine animals at Copiague when I go on Sundays for some time now. While the planted section has been good and gotten better their marine section seems to go through tear downs a lot. However on the plus side the cheap corals I got from them were priced very competitively and the advice has been reasonable, helpful .
I go there all the time since I'm here in Lindenhurst. I have several corals from them, which have done well. I've even gotten fish from them in the past but lately, the marine fish have not looked that great. Not sure what the issue is. I do think they are under staffed.

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go there all the time since I'm here in Lindenhurst. I have several corals from them, which have done well. I've even gotten fish from them in the past but lately, the marine fish have not looked that great. Not sure what the issue is. I do think they are under staffed.
I might just be new but From what I’ve been reading, a lot of places are getting slammed with the epidemic of disease recently... I mean they did replace the fish but I did a FW dip and tons of flukes popped off a tiny firefish... I really don’t want to put them down either because the people there are really nice.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been to tropical island aquarium in deer park and advanced marine aquatics and they both are pretty good.
I think they are closer to you.

I picked up a plating monti, a gsp, a torch, a tuxedo urchin, an emerald crab, a tail spot blenny and a yellow goby watchman over that past several weeks at tropical aquarium with no issues. Everything acclimated nicely.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back