Fish stores in the Long Island area

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a plating monti, a gsp, a torch, a tuxedo urchin, an emerald crab, a tail spot blenny and a yellow goby watchman over that past several weeks at tropical aquarium with no issues. Everything acclimated nicely.
They are probably the store I like the most. Everything is healthy and they have a nice selection.

Nfd552

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new pet warehouse in patchogue in gateway plaza has a very nice set up. Fish, coral, urchins, nems, live rock, snails, hermits, ect...very clean set up, livestock all looks very healthy. Prices are a bit higher for fish then there sister store in Setauket, but still fair. worth a stop if anyone is in the area.

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for the North Shore around Huntington Village, I'm going to be stuck out there all day Friday?

teen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody know what happened at high tide corals? went to his location on commack rd in the spring some time. havent been there in awhile but i stopped by and its definitely not the guy who used to run the place.

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody know what happened at high tide corals? went to his location on commack rd in the spring some time. havent been there in awhile but i stopped by and its definitely not the guy who used to run the place.
the dude you met is actually the owner of hightide. owns the coral etc. justin the skinny younger guy has left. they are shutting down now.

teen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i knew something was up. any idea if justin has a new location? super cool dude sucks hes not there anymore. the place has definitely gone down hill and the guy i met was super rude and when i asked him about justin he gave me a high school like attitude. seemed super offended i asked about him and at the same time denied anybody ever worked there by that name in the first place. very weird.

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve got to say I’ve been pretty impressed with the dry goods at Country Critters lately. They’ve been stocking a lot of stuff that I typically would only find online.

A good example was Reef Flux fluco. I ordered it online but was surprised to see it there for the same price. Also was surprised to see Triton stuff.

If I’m looking for coral locally I tend to go to:

Caribbean Blue - Nice clams and LPS. Before Indo ban he had some nice Mari’s for good prices. Last time I was there before Christmas he had some nice Aussie Colonies but out of my price range.

Tropical Island - Not as good as when Mike owned it, but you can find some decent pieces.

Pets Warehouse Patchogue- Definitely a nice setup, coral selection very limited. Very nice fish setup. I picked up a Rainbow Mandarin that has been extremely healthy.

teen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country critters has ESV for a great price (forgot exactly what I paid)? But that's the best salt you can get imo

AJI23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advanced Marine is my favorite on the island right now. Always fair and prices are good.
I was just there Saturday and I picked up some huge pieces of sps and I mean huge mini colonies for 30 each. Great store. Nick the owner very nice throws in coral glue with every purchase too.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I’m in Ronkonkoma. So I would hate to waste a trip

You can also visit Tropical Showcase on Old Country Road in Westbury area, that store is slowly improving with great new owners

Aquarium Village- though i have not been happy with them lately at all.

Pets Warehouse in Carle Place- great fish selection, no SPS though.

Figured if you want to make it a day and hit all the LFS

AJI23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also was very disappointed with aquarium village. Ive been to the Westbury one and that is nice as well.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back