Fish stores in the Long Island area

TNreeferBX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all,
as a former long island resident that now lives in nyc i still quite often go to shops on the island. just yesterday i went to advanced marine in albertson and got a nice sized green hammer colony. i’ve worked for stores here and there and shopped at pretty much all of them. places like aquahut and btj’s (where i worked for a few months before being fed up with john) can be great as long as you’re good at picking your fish. they’re not very careful as far as quaranteening goes but at the prices available, especially at aquahut, if there’s is a good specimen i say but it and throw it in a 6 week qt.
if anyone is in western nassau just a bridge away in morris park is the reef shoppe owned by anthony, can be a little pricey because it’s in the bronx but usually not much more expensive. also they have a great coral selection, and can get you pretty much whatever you’re looking for.
advanced marine aquatics and tropical island aquarium are probably my two favorite spots on the island.

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
05af408759a9eab9ac52c6dc6d8de167.jpg

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AJI23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update. I went there yesterday and got a 3heads of utter chaos Zoas for 45 bucks. Colors are amazing bright bright orange

20g_nano_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i knew something was up. any idea if justin has a new location?
High Tide is running a small shop out of his home in East Northport. I've picked up a number of frags from Justin via his facebook group High Tide Coral Auctions. I was surprised not to see him at the LIRA frag swap though.

Eddiefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good ole country critters. I don't have many bad things to say about them. The employees are always very knowledgeable. They prices I feel are very high and last time I was there it looked as though they may have been shying away from the coral business. There prices are enough to keep me on the online train for now. Like I said these are just my opinions and I'm sure there are some good ones out there but in my area it's slim pickings. There was a place in deer park I remember being extremely impressed wiTh but I haven't made it out there yet
Country critters used to be great when the two brothers owned it. It's a shame when someone else buys a store and it changes so much. They used to have everything saltwater and reef. Was my favorite place to go. I spent quite a bit of money there.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country critters used to be great when the two brothers owned it. It's a shame when someone else buys a store and it changes so much. They used to have everything saltwater and reef. Was my favorite place to go. I spent quite a bit of money there.
It is funny how things change. I was in there the other day and I will not be going back. Bleaching corals , aptasia everywhere and there prices are sky high. Plus it looks like they had some sort of roof issue as the roof over the fish room is totally exposed and certain tanks covered. It’s been like this for weeks now and I truly believe it’s effecting the live stock. Scratch that I will be back as they are the closet place to me that sells LRS

Chukthunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here been to Pet's Warehouse new location in Lindenhurst? Was wondering which of their LI stores had the most fish now.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here been to Pet's Warehouse new location in Lindenhurst? Was wondering which of their LI stores had the most fish now.
So they have already moved. I'd like to know how the new shop is as well and might take a ride out that way this coming weekend. Are they still on Sunrise Hwy?

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been there a few times since they moved. It’s nice and clean. Much smaller that the old store but their fish room is still under construction so they do not have any tanks running just yet. They are working on it.

Back