Fish suggestion - Aggression with any adds

Johnnyv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully everyone can offer some suggestions on possible adds to my tank.

Here is what I have now:

Emperor Angel - Adolescent maybe 2 inches
Sailfin Tang - 3 inches
Tomato Clown - 3 Inches
Tomini Tang - 3 inches
Nero Trigger - 2 1/2 inches
Shrimp Goby - 1 1/2 inches (stays very protected under some matching red rock)
Clown Wrasse - 1 1/2 inches
Naso Tang (removed from tank)
Blue Chromis (removed from tank)
Yellow Butterfly - 2 to 2 1/2 inches (Just added, getting chased a bit but seems to be holding its own so far)

Tank: 150 Gallon with 55 Gallon tank for sump, Protein skimmer etc. Running 9-10 months)
PH: 8.2 - 8.3
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: Between 0 and .5
Salinity: 2.03

The sailfin rules the tank. It will flare its fins and come up along side the other Tang, Butterfly and trigger. Everyone seems to be holding their own. I had and angel in there and it died on me, so like a moron I replaced it with the same fish assuming the first was sick. I lost that one too. Being anything else was healthy and the tank parameters were good I figured it was stress. I looked at the Taso Tang today and it was hiding in the corner of the tank and turned very dark. Up until now aside from the sailfin flaring its fins by it it seemed fine.

I took the Naso Tang and the blue Chromis and moved them to my other "calm" tank with some clowns, cardinals and blennies and some other fish. I'm waiting to see how the Tang does, especially since it is the only tang in the tank. Chromis are fine.

I know these fish will get pretty large over time. Hopefully by then ill be upgrading to a much larger tank. Any suggestions to what I can add to the current tank that can hold its own with the other fish? Does this sound like stress that caused me to lose the other angels and the naso being hidden?

Thanks for the help...Johnny

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully everyone can offer some suggestions on possible adds to my tank.

Here is what I have now:

Emperor Angel - Adolescent maybe 2 inches
Sailfin Tang - 3 inches
Tomato Clown - 3 Inches
Tomini Tang - 3 inches
Nero Trigger - 2 1/2 inches
Shrimp Goby - 1 1/2 inches (stays very protected under some matching red rock)
Clown Wrasse - 1 1/2 inches
Naso Tang (removed from tank)
Blue Chromis (removed from tank)
Yellow Butterfly - 2 to 2 1/2 inches (Just added, getting chased a bit but seems to be holding its own so far)

Tank: 150 Gallon with 55 Gallon tank for sump, Protein skimmer etc. Running 9-10 months)
PH: 8.2 - 8.3
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: Between 0 and .5
Salinity: 2.03

The sailfin rules the tank. It will flare its fins and come up along side the other Tang, Butterfly and trigger. Everyone seems to be holding their own. I had and angel in there and it died on me, so like a moron I replaced it with the same fish assuming the first was sick. I lost that one too. Being anything else was healthy and the tank parameters were good I figured it was stress. I looked at the Taso Tang today and it was hiding in the corner of the tank and turned very dark. Up until now aside from the sailfin flaring its fins by it it seemed fine.

I took the Naso Tang and the blue Chromis and moved them to my other "calm" tank with some clowns, cardinals and blennies and some other fish. I'm waiting to see how the Tang does, especially since it is the only tang in the tank. Chromis are fine.

I know these fish will get pretty large over time. Hopefully by then ill be upgrading to a much larger tank. Any suggestions to what I can add to the current tank that can hold its own with the other fish? Does this sound like stress that caused me to lose the other angels and the naso being hidden?

Thanks for the help...Johnny
Snowflake eel? dwarf lionfish? throw in some preds haha

If you dont like preds, maybe a foxface or bellus angel would work

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowflake eel? dwarf lionfish? throw in some preds haha

If you dont like preds, maybe a foxface or bellus angel would work
I agree on foxface suggestion. They are my favourite fish very hard workers , active fish and from my experience kind of act as a police fish to break up aggression between other fish . Plus they are beautiful to look at too !

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on foxface suggestion. They are my favourite fish very hard workers , active fish and from my experience kind of act as a police fish to break up aggression between other fish . Plus they are beautiful to look at too !
Just watch out for the spines; ive been stung and its not fun

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back