Fish swallows a few pieces of brine shrimp but unable to after, could this be a stomach problem?

TheStripedHermit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking gill flukes but gill flukes allow fish to swallow foods up to a certain size before progressively doing down. This chromis is eating foods of all sizes.

In qurantine it would eat about 3 to 4 pieces of large brine shrimp before seemingly being unable to swallow anything more no matter what size it is.

I see no visible issues with the fish as it's acting perfectly fine but I am getting very concerned about how much it's eating as on the first day I bought it, it would blaze through half a cube of brine shrimp with only very very little waste of parts it can't eat.

Anyone know what's going on?

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking gill flukes but gill flukes allow fish to swallow foods up to a certain size before progressively doing down. This chromis is eating foods of all sizes.

In qurantine it would eat about 3 to 4 pieces of large brine shrimp before seemingly being unable to swallow anything more no matter what size it is.

I see no visible issues with the fish as it's acting perfectly fine but I am getting very concerned about how much it's eating as on the first day I bought it, it would blaze through half a cube of brine shrimp with only very very little waste of parts it can't eat.

Anyone know what's going on?
It might just be full a lot of times with my fish they will eat 4 or 5 pieces of brine shrimp and then suck on 4 or 5 more and spit them out and then next feeding same thing

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just saw this- has the fish resumed normal feeding ?
Also watch what you feed as far as portion size as you will quickly foul the water quality. If tank is newer, may be a spike in ammonia or similar

Temp 77-79
PH 8.1-8.3
salinity 1.024-1.025
nitrate < 10

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back