Fish that occupies the upper zone of reef tank.

Carbon14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here,. Reef tank.
I have rock height 50% of the tank, and fish only swim as high as the rock. Is that normal? Feel safer?

Want to look for fish that swim in upper 50% of the open water. Any suggestion that is invert and reef safe?

Current ones in the tank are: yellow, hippo blue, kole, royal gramma, two clown, watchman goby and a pintail fairy wrasse.

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue hippo is usually on the top have of my tank. As I understand it, anthias often occupy this zone as do blue/green chromis, but I don’t have direct experience with anthias.

For what it’s worth, my two ocellaris clowns seem to swim right about at the surface of my tank, in either of the four corners. They’re weirdos, and I doubt that is what you’re after

OP
OP
Carbon14

Carbon14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue hippo is usually on the top have of my tank. As I understand it, anthias often occupy this zone as do blue/green chromis, but I don’t have direct experience with anthias.

For what it’s worth, my two ocellaris clowns seem to swim right about at the surface of my tank, in either of the four corners. They’re weirdos, and I doubt that is what you’re after
Same to my clowns, always at the top corner. No idea what they are thinking.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back