Fish turning pale and dying

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second time I’ve had fosh in my quarantine turn pale and die randomly. Is it flukes? There is no sign of ich or velvet and it’s the second day since I got this flameback angel. Both times this has happened the fish starts turning pale, am I doing something wrong or is the fish sick?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second time I’ve had fosh in my quarantine turn pale and die randomly. Is it flukes? There is no sign of ich or velvet and it’s the second day since I got this flameback angel. Both times this has happened the fish starts turning pale, am I doing something wrong or is the fish sick?
Picture under white light and your quarantine practices?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It will be hard to take your description and make a determination without a pic and water parameters (readings)
In particular: Ammonia-nitrate-salinity-tank temp-ph and type of test kits used.
It will be hard to take your description and make a determination without a pic and water parameters (readings)
In particular: Ammonia-nitrate-salinity-tank temp-ph and type of test kits used.
Flameback not the easiest fish and sensitive to poor water conditions.

OP
OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Flameback not the easiest fish and sensitive to poor water conditions.
I use Hanna and salifert test kits, but I think my parameters are normal
-salinity 1.023
-ammonia 0
-Temp 78/79
-nitrate >5

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I use Hanna and salifert test kits, but I think my parameters are normal
-salinity 1.023
-ammonia 0
-Temp 78/79
-nitrate >5
Salt low- go to 1.025 . G R A D U A L L Y
PH - 8.1-8.4

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back