Fishing Videos

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I know this is not reef related but a lot of people like to fish. Just wanted to show a couple quick videos from this years walleye run. I picked up a go pro to do some product videos. While I am playing with getting use to the equipment I decided to film a few days fishing. I had some good days but lots of unusable footage. Fishermen like to use profanity and I had to chop out so much of it it makes the video a little choppy. I live in the Green Bay Wisconsin area and we have one of the best walleye fisheries in the world. Thousands upon thousands of fish invade the local rivers in the spring to spawn. All fish in the videos were released unharmed. People travel from all over the world to fish this event. It is ten minutes from my house. First time I fished it myself. Caught over 100 fish in just a few trips. I like to wade downstream but was with my 72 year old father in law when I hooked into the Oconto fish by the kayak launch. Maybe ten casts in. My River runs through it moment.....lol. Only I am better looking than Brad Pitt.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz9jWEezZ83dwP-a9_lPlqA/videos?view_as=subscriber

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice! Living on Long Island I'm surrounded by water so fishing is in my blood. Mostly surf fish for Stripers during the Fall run. The pics are from a couple of years ago when there was an epic bite at the South Shore of Long Island. The Stripers were stacked up feeding on Sand eels in the breakers, it was one of those days when you could hook up with every cast.

My best friend who passed away this past November with his catch.

I do mostly catch and release but this one was gill hooked and wouldn't survive, so I brought it home for the table.

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Love it....post em up guys. Sorry to hear about your friend. I had an uncle who should have been a guide. The guides pretty much followed him around the lake when he fished. He could catch a fish in a toilet bowl. Before he passed he taught me a lot of stuff, it was the best summer of fishing in my life. The last time we went out fishing was the only time I outfished him. He never got to fish the Bay and I always try to put the first fish I catch back in honor of him. If he knew he'd kick me in the butt for it. When he passed, life got in the way and I went years without really doing a lot of fishing. But I think about him every time I go fishing. Reminds me how short life really is.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I will miss him, especially this Fall when surf fishing. He wasn't as Gung Ho as I am with fishing but he liked the outdoors and took it up to keep me company when I'd go. What I'll really miss is he liked history and facts like word origins and stuff like that and would tell me about them while fishing. I'd be standing in waist deep water surveying my next cast and he'd blurt out stuff like " Did you know that the guy who invented the toilet was named John Crapper".

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Your buddy sounds like me. I get off topic often. I should definitely not speak in public.....lol. But I do anyway.

Is there anything that grosses you out about saltwater aquariums?

• Yes (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 138 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 172 55.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
A Reef Creation