FishKam Aquarium Remote Monitoring Camera Review and UnBoxing

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one that absolutely hates that lens? The distortion is horrible. I wish they had a few different versions.

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ouch...well good for those who got in at the intro $19.99 price point

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is best 30 bucks spent in a long time. I have it angled to be able to see my back door too, and the tank, this is traveler's gold for tank monitoring I like it.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is best 30 bucks spent in a long time. I have it angled to be able to see my back door too, and the tank, this is traveler's gold for tank monitoring I like it.

I'm going to snag another for the hallway/qt tank.

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to snag another for the hallway/qt tank.
I was thinking about doing the same thing for my QT tank....hard to watch the new fish when they are not fully used to the environment, and I alway seem to scar them trying to observe. This would would out much better

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is now my home alarm lol, another coming for the front half of the house. Im able to see my starfish and pods even before lights on. the fishkam pickup is sensitive enough, that tiny window light in a full dark room still gives me basically night vision for my bowl. ok so I haven't cleaned off the water spots, I didn't know this was going on broadcast 24 hours ago :)

2017y4M7d8h52m46s.jpg

the point is, the detail is so fine even in the dark (the video, this pic doesn't do justice, but its a dark room pic this thing has great contrast/low light pickup) I can tell my pico has no oxygenation events because the micro stars and pods migrate up fast when one has occurred. this cam is peace of mind upgrade for pico reefers

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been able to access the feed with a web browser? I tried adding it into blue Iris, but it doesn't recognize it.

The daytime view is quite good, but my night vision is pretty useless. All I see is a reflection of the camera. Anyone else see that?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it must be your placement or your lighting, my night lighting is spot on, I can even pinch zoom in to see pods. its a high contrast b/w setting but pretty neat. those little red led's on the unit fire forward to give some illumination even in dark room

I noticed the kam has to be really close as in almost touching lens to glass to have good night vision

2017y4M18d12h50m43s.jpg

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the price went back down to $25. I'm definitely getting one of these, looks like a very nice camera for the price.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one, sent it back. I'd rather spend 3x as much to get no lag and a lens that isn't so highly distorted by the fisheye. My .02

Alan Ishida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The camera is good for the price.
Only defect is that mine came with the dried out silicone and it even appears they spilled the glue out of the right place so it is not sticking to the glass.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only defect is that mine came with the dried out silicone and it even appears they spilled the glue out of the right place so it is not sticking to the glass.

Thats too bad. Sorry to hear that.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to adjust the color so you can get rid of some blue?

You can apply a gell card to the spot on the glass where the cam is, or tape the card to the cam. You can also alter your lights. There are no camera adjustments built in. In my picture posted above im using a a lot of white LED overhead.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dried out silicone? Mine has a suction cup on the bottom. Am I missing something?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back