OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This makes me sad; I hope you don't lose to many fish! Here's to hoping most pull through for you :)

Miss You Dogs GIF by giphystudios2021
Thank you. It's heartbreaking watching them.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, I see a mess of issues. Visually, the clown has brooklynella but the foxface has either mucus spots or ich, it is breathing fast, so that is an additional issue.
Heading into the dentist, I’ll try to check back later.
Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
been cleaning snow
In watching all 3 videos, The clown appears to have secondary bacterial lesions associated with brook.
The foxface has mucus spores and tang seem to have Lymphocystis but the size of the nodules also suggest bacterial in nature But im suspecting neobendendia flukes. Looking at the breathing and semi-clamped fins also supports that.
have you noticed loss of appetitie, lethargic behavior, hiding, yawning effect, scratching or darting suddenly?

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
been cleaning snow
In watching all 3 videos, The clown appears to have secondary bacterial lesions associated with brook.
The foxface has mucus spores and tang seem to have Lymphocystis but the size of the nodules also suggest bacterial in nature But im suspecting neobendendia flukes. Looking at the breathing and semi-clamped fins also supports that.
have you noticed loss of appetitie, lethargic behavior, hiding, yawning effect, scratching or darting suddenly?
They are all still eating really well. I haven't noticed any yawing or scratching. They only hide or dart when I am trying to take their picture.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are all still eating really well. I haven't noticed any yawing or scratching. They only hide or dart when I am trying to take their picture.
I see Jay's comment and agree with term" Toss up"
Im not a fan of mixing meds but best case treatment would be treat fish in quarantine with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
For remaining symptoms, you can add ruby Rally Pro at 80% of dosage recommendation week 3 and again monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still mixed as to what is going on here, but ultimately, copper is your best choice I think.
Jay

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081
The clown didn't make it but I do have the foxface and tang in copper quarantine and they are doing great. My question is, could there be something else going on in my DT? I lost my cleaner shrimp yesterday. I have also never seen my pistol shrimp out roaming, and he was doing that today.
Could something be going on in the tank? I did a water change Saturday and tested.
alk 8.3
calc 420
mag 1350
ph .025
nitrate .02

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back